Wartburg @ Oneida

Spike016

20 hours ago, crow said:

Don’t reckon we’ll stop posting or hollering because of it. I’m like you, I’m passionate and care deeply about the program. If I didn’t I be like those folks sitting in the stands chatting like we’re at a coffee shop instead of a ball game. That said, I’m the kind of guy I’ll love ‘em hard but I’ll call them what they are. When they do a great job I have and will continue to sing their praises. When they’re obviously not doing what I and everyone else knows they can or should be doing, that’ll get brought up to. Doesn’t mean I don’t care or I’m not all in on them, it means I am all in on them. I drove to Williamsburg by myself because nobody that used to go with me thought we had a shot, I wasn’t sure but wanted to be there. I drove to Greenback by myself because a bunch of folks said it was to far, I’ve been to Hampton, Watertown, Boyd-Buchanan, Meigs and all points in between like many others have. Had a streak of nearly 100 consecutive games not counting scrimmages and jamboree’s before I finally missed one to watch my stepson play his first college road game that was just to far to go on Friday night and make it to his on Saturday afternoon. Untold practices and innumerable hours in the field house taping, and icing and weighing and adjusting hydration protocols. Hundreds of emails with athletic trainers from the likes of Texas A&M, USF and The university of Arizona asking questions and developing skills I did not have to be able to help out in anyway I could all at a volunteer level. That’s a lot of self boasting to some but to me that’s a résumé of just how dedicated to the program I am and to why it slightly agitates me when someone has the audacity to sarcastically refer to me as “a good Oneida fan” in a public forum that affords me no opportunity for rebuttal and to cavalierly say you’re not sure who I am when everyone associated with that program for more than 15 minutes knows dad gummed well that crow is Daniel Crowley that worked as a paramedic since the late ‘90’s and was on staff with TL, then John Brewster, then TL 2.0 over the span of about 7 seasons. So there you have it @OHSIH, I have never hid behind a screen name. Hells bells Margaret my screen name is my nickname from grade school and what the vast majority of people in and around Scott county know me as. To be clear I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, I don’t even have issue with you calling me out, but to sarcastically question my loyalty to this program I certainly have issue with. Especially in a one sided format. Do I always agree with your occasional assessment of the state of the program? Absolutely not but when you do have a less than raving review I don’t question you or your commitment to this program and Given all the time and work you have dedicated to it I certainly would have the respect for what you’ve done that if I were to it wouldn’t be in a backhanded comment on a one way format. Lastly thank you and the entire crew for the job you do covering these kids and highlighting them to not just our community but communities all around the country now with the online streaming of games. I truly do appreciate the time and effort that takes and those are sincere words. 

@crowand @Spike016 - Gentlemen, I apologize if you were offended in any way. I usually only get here to check the boards once or twice a week, but I was informed that I needed to check in. I did not mean to be derogatory to either of you in my mentions Friday night. I just simply meant that message boards sometimes offer opinions that coach's are better not worrying too much about. I only mentioned it because I thought you made a good point about the lack of emotion in the Greenback game (so, yes, I saw you posted it and credited you with it). You guys are familiar with us enough that you know we give each other a hard time on the broadcast. Even though I believe I have been told who you guys are in the past, I did not recall exactly who was who when I spoke Friday. I did not mean to disparage you or your Oneida pride, class, or character. I feel like the length of time for me to respond here caused you to speculate about my intentions. So, again, my intention was message boards are sometimes unreliable - but in the case of emotion against Greenback it made sense. I wanted to credit the two of you for the point. I remember your screen names because you are faithful to post responsibly and promote the Indians. I hope you accept my apology for the misunderstanding. I appreciate all of the support you have had for us in the past and hope it continues. - Tim Smith

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OHSIH said:

@crowand @Spike016 - Gentlemen, I apologize if you were offended in any way. I usually only get here to check the boards once or twice a week, but I was informed that I needed to check in. I did not mean to be derogatory to either of you in my mentions Friday night. I just simply meant that message boards sometimes offer opinions that coach's are better not worrying too much about. I only mentioned it because I thought you made a good point about the lack of emotion in the Greenback game (so, yes, I saw you posted it and credited you with it). You guys are familiar with us enough that you know we give each other a hard time on the broadcast. Even though I believe I have been told who you guys are in the past, I did not recall exactly who was who when I spoke Friday. I did not mean to disparage you or your Oneida pride, class, or character. I feel like the length of time for me to respond here caused you to speculate about my intentions. So, again, my intention was message boards are sometimes unreliable - but in the case of emotion against Greenback it made sense. I wanted to credit the two of you for the point. I remember your screen names because you are faithful to post responsibly and promote the Indians. I hope you accept my apology for the misunderstanding. I appreciate all of the support you have had for us in the past and hope it continues. - Tim Smith

Oneida has fans from roan mountain too.  And I can imagine from other places as well.  One of the more storied programs in the state.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, OHSIH said:

Great response!

28 minutes ago, OHSIH said:

Apology accepted! I will continue to support Oneida football! You and I know that Oneida football is known statewide and that’s a credit to all the hard work current and former players have put in. I do wanna tell you and your broadcasting crew that you all do an exceptional job each and every Friday night! Keep up the hard work and Go Indians!  

Hey btw we can give you a weekly scoutin report on about any team Oneida plays so don’t be a stranger here. I am sure we can give you some great insight on the opponent for the broadcast each week. 

Edited by Spike016

20 minutes ago, OHSIH said:

I accept your apology and offer apologies to you as well for my part of any contribution to the misunderstanding that occurred. I was listening to the broadcast as I do each week and believe me the back and forth is something I not only understand but enjoy immensely myself. To be certain I did have multiple people from several programs around the region and beyond listen to what was said to get outside opinions about how the statement was meant and each one to the person felt it was said sarcastically and not in a genuine manner. Obviously we misinterpreted your comments and again I apologize for that. Your commitment to promoting this program speaks for itself and as I’ve said multiple times we are spoiled by some of the best sports media coverage available. I always have and will continue to support the service you provide. Thank you for clearing this up and look forward to many more broadcasts in the future. Go Big O!

27 minutes ago, OHSIH said:

Don't know you from Adam ,Tim Smith but Iwant to compliment you on you're broadcast. You guys are the best I've ever heard do a game. I know you are 100 percent Oneida faithful but you have the dignity and class to do a game and call it like it is, not the dumb whining  of every single play are swear you guys are getting the bad end of the stick.  I've listened to a slew of broadcasts and thats all you hear, gets a little sickening to say the least. You alway give the opponent due respect and call a spade a spade either.  Hats off Tim Smith and hang in there,you do an amazing job.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Don't know you from Adam ,Tim Smith but Iwant to compliment you on you're broadcast. You guys are the best I've ever heard do a game. I know you are 100 percent Oneida faithful but you have the dignity and class to do a game and call it like it is, not the dumb whining  of every single play are swear you guys are getting the bad end of the stick.  I've listened to a slew of broadcasts and thats all you hear, gets a little sickening to say the least. You alway give the opponent due respect and call a spade a spade either.  Hats off Tim Smith and hang in there,you do an amazing job.

Agree. We’re very fortunate to have the crew we have covering our games. They do boys and girls basketball and rumor has it possibly expanding to other sports as well. 

54 minutes ago, crow said:

Agree. We’re very fortunate to have the crew we have covering our games. They do boys and girls basketball and rumor has it possibly expanding to other sports as well. 

And they actually know whats going on ,best bunch I've witnessed and I've listened to quite a a few.