FORREST AT LORETTO 2022

GeneralForrest

2 minutes ago, WannaBeReferee said:

I will agree that @GeneralForrest has given a lot of compliments to Eli and the coaching staff this early season.  Good luck to Forrest the rest of the way and hope for and injury free game between Loretto and Forrest this week. 

Best comment you've had. I appreciate it. People who aren't looking thru the wool in their Sheep frame will get that I am very fair. I just don't say they did a great job when they were terrible. So far so good for the most part this season. But it's only 2 games. 

Also, talent makes so-so coaches look amazing. I'm not saying Coach Eli hasn't improved. There's a rather large faction that says, mysteriously, never criticize the coaches no matter what. Explains a lot as to Forrest's lack of results overall. 

The one time the fan base did get "Salem Witch Trials" was on Johns in 2017. That year the team was very young and immature. This year's youngsters have been better so far.

I didn't think Johns was to blame in 2017. Maybe I was mistaken. Who knows really. It's a message board. It's all opinion. Most stuff here is "go team go" and I am just not wired like that.

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Best comment you've had. I appreciate it. People who aren't looking thru the wool in their Sheep frame will get that I am very fair. I just don't say they did a great job when they were terrible. So far so good for the most part this season. But it's only 2 games. 

Also, talent makes so-so coaches look amazing. I'm not saying Coach Eli hasn't improved. There's a rather large faction that says, mysteriously, never criticize the coaches no matter what. Explains a lot as to Forrest's lack of results overall. 

The one time the fan base did get "Salem Witch Trials" was on Johns in 2017. That year the team was very young and immature. This year's youngsters have been better so far.

I didn't think Johns was to blame in 2017. Maybe I was mistaken. Who knows really. It's a message board. It's all opinion. Most stuff here is "go team go" and I am just not wired like that.

I will give it to your freshman quarterback last Friday.  He did what he had to do to win the game and only threw to keep the defense honest.  Good luck the rest of the way and hoping Cornersville can get it turned around and win some ball games.  

50 minutes ago, WannaBeReferee said:

I will give it to your freshman quarterback last Friday.  He did what he had to do to win the game and only threw to keep the defense honest.  Good luck the rest of the way and hoping Cornersville can get it turned around and win some ball games.  

He is way ahead of schedule. We knew he would be a good one but few expected it to start this season. He makes good decisions and can hurt you with his legs or arm. 

15 hours ago, Salem said:

He is way ahead of schedule. We knew he would be a good one but few expected it to start this season. He makes good decisions and can hurt you with his legs or arm. 

As far as your running backs, not sure their names but pretty much the ones that were the workhorses in the Cornersville game, what class are they in, if you don't mind me asking?  The only reason I am asking is if you have a talented QB that is only a freshman and these guys are seniors, then that wouldn't be great for your offense in the coming years but if they happen to be juniors or maybe sophomores, then we could see an offense at Forrest like we haven't seen before, especially with your freshman QB being ahead of the curve already.  

16 minutes ago, WannaBeReferee said:

As far as your running backs, not sure their names but pretty much the ones that were the workhorses in the Cornersville game, what class are they in, if you don't mind me asking?  The only reason I am asking is if you have a talented QB that is only a freshman and these guys are seniors, then that wouldn't be great for your offense in the coming years but if they happen to be juniors or maybe sophomores, then we could see an offense at Forrest like we haven't seen before, especially with your freshman QB being ahead of the curve already.  

#1 and #2 are seniors- two good ones but we won't have any drop off any time soon. 

#6 is a junior. He runs hard and is the best blocker. #22 is his younger brother and is a freshman. #3 and #25 are freshman and we have an 8th grader who will push all of these for playing time next year. Two of the better running backs we've had in the last 10 years have younger brothers who aren't playing now but will be seniors next year and may come back out. 

It really does s

On 8/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, Salem said:

#1 and #2 are seniors- two good ones but we won't have any drop off any time soon. 

#6 is a junior. He runs hard and is the best blocker. #22 is his younger brother and is a freshman. #3 and #25 are freshman and we have an 8th grader who will push all of these for playing time next year. Two of the better running backs we've had in the last 10 years have younger brothers who aren't playing now but will be seniors next year and may come back out. 

It really does sound like you guys are set for a while and it's good to see that even a small town in middle Tennessee can have the depth like that instead of all of these schools that are pretty close to bigger cities.  Good luck to you all the rest of the way!