FORREST AT LORETTO 2022

GeneralForrest

9 hours ago, LorettoGuy said:

I don’t know why. If you watch Loretto this year it’s a different team. That offense is explosive. They can score on you in 1 or 2 plays if they want or just take their time and move it down the field 

Looks like y'all got some of those baseball and basketball players to come out....congrats

Let be real honest ! The guy is hard on his team , y’all dog him, so the guys actually pumps his team up does some trash talk and now ya hate that too , look I get it he has strong opinions, I for one enjoy his posts ! Not casting stones fellas just saying dang let the dude lick his wounds if he needs to without throwing shade every 2.5 seconds ! 
              Here’s the Soap box back 

22 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Let be real honest ! The guy is hard on his team , y’all dog him, so the guys actually pumps his team up does some trash talk and now ya hate that too , look I get it he has strong opinions, I for one enjoy his posts ! Not casting stones fellas just saying dang let the dude lick his wounds if he needs to without throwing shade every 2.5 seconds ! 
              Here’s the Soap box back 

I agree with you, I really like seeing what he has to say about games and all his insight but when I saw Loretto was going to pull out the win I knew everyone was gonna give general all he could handle lol

10 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Here’s the Soap box back 

Na, dude deserves everything. Everyone trash talks that’s what boards are for it’s the Grammar Police badge and the fact he actually thinks he is better because of it that irks many because quite frankly this is a freaking message board not an English class.

These boards are great for anonymous fun and football but let's keep it somewhat truthful.   CoachT has 112,000 members I can find 1 post predicting a Loretto win last Friday.  Congrats to @cascadehomer  with the pick of the week.

All weekend we were told the General and I ran our mouth last season after the Loretto game. We brag relentlessly and show no class  when we win but disappear like "cowards" from the forum and need to "man up" immediately following a loss. Going back and looking at last year's thread shows all that is a lie. The LORETTO AT FORREST 2021 thread had exactly 5 posts total. Check it out, it was popping. I still haven't commented on it but we really rubbed it in. All the random Loretto fans who sprouted out over this weekend didn't bother either. 

And finally, here's the General's post from last Tuesday which no one quoted over the weekend.  Very brash, egotistical, full of bragging but somewhat prophetic. 

On 8/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, GeneralForrest said:

If Loretto scores more than 21 in the first 3 quarters Forrest might be in trouble.

I believe the Rocket offense is very good but they still have a suspect play caller.

Raucous crowd, a turnover or 2, another special teams mistake (Eagleville game). I am far from counting this as a done deal.  One thing Loretto does is hit and fight. They get up for Forrest. Forrest needs to have this game in hand by halftime. No easy task, if I'm being honest.  Also the road trip is one of the worst in the state. 

Hopefully both teams stay healthy and it's a good hard hitting game. 

21 points- CHECK, raucous crowd- CHECK,  turnover or 2 - CHECK, bad road trip (one of the Forrest buses broke down on the way to the game so all players, coaches, managers, trainers, cheerleaders had to pile up in one bus and drive the last hour and half  like sardines)    - CHECK

• Like 1

Forrest could have had the week out of school, traveled down 3 days early, had a spa day the day before the game, and they still wouldn't have pulled out a 40+ point win like GeneralForrest predicted numerous times.  Most of your posts seem logical/respectful, Salem. Can't say the same for your counterpart.  Hence, the reason he's catching so much crap.  I'm usually just a basketball consumer/poster, but I decided to mosie on over here to see what kind of content was on hand after watching our past few games and seeing how exciting our guys are and how hard they play (haven't seen anything like it in Loretto football since the 90's/Butch Toner era.)  Upon digesting content related to our region, I found one recurring trend, GeneralForrest bashing Loretto.  He has spent a lot of time and energy professing his distaste, his disbelief, and his disgust for all things related to Loretto, so he deserves all the flack he gets.

He may have disappeared from posting, but he's alive and well.  I've logged on here 3 times since yesterday evening.  He was active on the site each time.

We don't hate you General, we just love antagonizing crap talkers.  Gotta be able to take it on the chin when you dish it out so much.

LORETTO

#21 - 31 carries for 196 yards 3 TDs

#5 - 9/15 for 209 yards 3 TDs

The Good: Through the first 3 games if there's a 1A or 2A team in the state who runs the RPO better than Loretto I would like to watch their highlights. In the past Forrest has played spread offenses -  Riverside, Waverly,  BGA, Moore Co. or ER -  who ran RPO concepts but none of those were as polished as these Loretto kids. This team has all 5 tools you need to run this system. The two most important parts are the coach and the QB. Hats off to the administration for getting both with one hire four years ago.

Their QB is tall, mobile, accurate and makes all the good decisions.  Their running back is as good as anyone in 2A. He's strong enough to run inside and fast enough to score on any play. Has Le'veon Bell patient running style. They also have three tall athletic receivers who look to be well coached. Offensive line protects well and the play caller mixes the run and pass. #56 and #32 stood out as very good physical run blockers. Unreal turnaround from one year to the next. 

The Bad: Better shore up the rush defense before the playoffs. TV reception was terrible for the Forrest and the local streams. 

• Like 1

FORREST

#1 - 8 carries for 76 yards 1 TD

#2 - 15 carries for 110 yards 2 TDs

#5 - 5 carries for  -23 yards 

#6 - 13 carries for 39 yards

#22 - 3 carries for 48 yards

The Good:  #2  is for real - after three games he's averaging 9.5 yards per carry and can play every snap. #5 the freshman QB is as poised as anyone Forrest has played in that position in as long as I can remember. #1 is a solid RB/ LB He averaged 9.5 per touch in the game.  Run blocking on the edges was good.  Defense in the 2nd half - made adjustments that actually stopped their offense on a few drives giving us a chance. 

The Bad: First half defense was embarrassing. Looked like we dusted off the 2020 Moore County game plan and only rushed 3 or 4 while dropping everyone else. Didn't work either season. Our secondary is a weak link and this week they look confused with blown coverages. Pass Protection was atrocious. Freshman QB is getting hammered on too many passes.  In crunch time with the game on the line against a subpar defense we managed 1 second half TD. Two turnovers and a high snap on 3rd and 1 sealed the deal. 28 points sounds good until you realize Collinwood scored 24 on this defense. 

The Ugly: Our secondary was the strength of the Defense last season. #14 and 15 are gone . #9  broke a leg, the other starting CB  is off the team. We have some major holes to fill. #2 is a good safety but is playing with a broken hand if he doesn't make the tackle it's a house call.  #6 was expected to be one of the top players in 2A this year but due to injury he looks like he's playing barefoot on a field of Legos. He's gutting it out but is visibly hobbled.  Another LB was injured in the 1st half. Other issues have been covered for years and bite us against decent opponents. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Here’s the Soap box back 

Good post pride. All these Loretto posters and supporters coming out of the wood work. I predict all of region 5 teams won’t make past the first round but one team then they will get donkey stomped in the second round. Get while you can guys cause Waverly will be in the mix next year and I can promise you R5 won’t want any of R6 next year.

Edited by vandyfan1

7 hours ago, Salem said:

LORETTO

#21 - 31 carries for 196 yards 3 TDs

#5 - 9/15 for 209 yards 3 TDs

The Good: Through the first 3 games if there's a 1A or 2A team in the state who runs the RPO better than Loretto I would like to watch their highlights. In the past Forrest has played spread offenses -  Riverside, Waverly,  BGA, Moore Co. or ER -  who ran RPO concepts but none of those were as polished as these Loretto kids. This team has all 5 tools you need to run this system. The two most important parts are the coach and the QB. Hats off to the administration for getting both with one hire four years ago.

Their QB is tall, mobile, accurate and makes all the good decisions.  Their running back is as good as anyone in 2A. He's strong enough to run inside and fast enough to score on any play. Has Le'veon Bell patient running style. They also have three tall athletic receivers who look to be well coached. Offensive line protects well and the play caller mixes the run and pass. #56 and #32 stood out as very good physical run blockers. Unreal turnaround from one year to the next. 

The Bad: Better shore up the rush defense before the playoffs. TV reception was terrible for the Forrest and the local streams. 

Finally some respect! Forrest played a good game just key mistakes got them. Luckily for us the QB, all 3 receivers, 56 and 32 are returning next year. Unluckily 21 will be gone. I think defense will be fine. Y’all have a great rushing offense with good o-lineman and good backs probably the best we will play. Would like to see this matchup again in the playoffs