Riverdale vs. Blackman

Pops17

4 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

This weeks game against Riverdale is hard to judge. Riverdale has won 2 in a row and plays pretty  solid football,  but I guess the question that pops out is what level of competition is Rossview or Franklin??  Sure a win is a win... but scraping by at Franklin and  beating the breaks off Rossview is that really a tale of the tape? This week will tell a little bit more about each team . 

Franklin outplayed them. They only had like 140 yards of offense against Franklin. 

12 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

But how incompetent do you have to be as a coaching staff to run that every kickoff??? It was mind boggling to me. Gallatin had a short field every drive.

Well the numbers put it in perspective. Blackman kicker hits the endzone 20% of the time. So 80% of the time you are going to have a return. Which Gallatin's avg starting field position from Kick off returns has them starting at the 37 yard line. Blackmans onside kicks 2 crossed the forty on the ground ,which meant somebody had to fall on it (no extra return yds 3 crossed the 50  of which 2 of those we recovered. 

Secondly... lets just say that we pin them inside the 20... I don't recall them putting the ball on the ground much, That also means longer drives more (potential)time off the clock . If we stop them it was going to be between their 40 and the goal line.

We either give you a shorter field and play time of possession mgmnt.  and gamble that the defense is going to stop or slow you down. Or we short kick it and hope to recover and make for a short field for us. 

11 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Franklin outplayed them. They only had like 140 yards of offense against Franklin. 

I would like to watch NFHS, but the game just cycles and never loads. So a couple questions for you then. Is Franklins defense that stout or is Riverdale a little lacking on the offensive side of the ball? 2)  Franklins offense from what i could see on other reels, made me wonder if they just got lucky , or was Riverdale unprpared? I didn't see anything that I would have thought would give Riverdale's D a challenge. 

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I would like to watch NFHS, but the game just cycles and never loads. So a couple questions for you then. Is Franklins defense that stout or is Riverdale a little lacking on the offensive side of the ball? 2)  Franklins offense from what i could see on other reels, made me wonder if they just got lucky , or was Riverdale unprpared? I didn't see anything that I would have thought would give Riverdale's D a challenge. 

Franklin's defense is decent, but they struggled against Page. I thought the new OC for Riverdale would make their offense better, but it's still not very good. Maybe after their game against Franklin last year, they overlooked Franklin? It looks like it's going to be Blackman O vs Riverdale D

53 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think riverdale is small at running back, to me riverdale length can somewhat slow the wideouts for Blackman so I suspect them playing the pass, I think Blackman has a good game far as rushing Friday. Riverdale defensive line and linebacker is def not like last season. Again trenches will tell the story.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

I think that Riverdale's length on the edges will give Blackman some trouble.  Blackman hasn't played anyone with Riverdale's team speed yet this season, so it will be interesting to see how they adjust.  Marshall being out this game hurts Blackman.  

Yep! Campbell is pretty good tho, might not be big as Ben but he can definitely catch and get open 

Edited by arshad221

On 8/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, Vol9093 said:

I think that Riverdale's length on the edges will give Blackman some trouble.  Blackman hasn't played anyone with Riverdale's team speed yet this season, so it will be interesting to see how they adjust.  Marshall being out this game hurts Blackman.  

Blackman has played two pretty good teams, not sure Riverdale can say that. The Blaze have to take care of the mental mistakes (penalties) and catch the dang ball when it is thrown to you. These two things, they come out on top.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Good win for the Blaze tonight, they always looked like the more skilled team. Unfortunately for them they have the uncanny ability to let large leads slip from their grasp…

It was a two touchdown lead ... at half and two down lead in the last 2:45... Blaze played soft coverage... Made Riverdale dink and dunk and burn up 2: minutes to score.... It left Blackman with 40 second and just having to take care of the onside kick ... and run the clock out... 

8 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

It was a two touchdown lead ... at half and two down lead in the last 2:45... Blaze played soft coverage... Made Riverdale dink and dunk and burn up 2: minutes to score.... It left Blackman with 40 second and just having to take care of the onside kick ... and run the clock out... 

Personally I don’t think they use the 6’3 receiver….he’s a match up nightmare for cbs! They don’t target him enough. I looked it up he had almost 900 yds receiving last year!!! GET him involved!!!! Some deep post, some slants, etc.

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

they were up 20-3?