AP 2A TOP 10 AUG 30 2022

Southtowner

Just now, Waker said:

GeneralForrest has never made a correct statement on this site.

lol.  he disappeared from another AA thread after claiming Forrest would beat us by 40.

Loretto has some great athletes.  Our young kids from last year are maturing, and we have some of the most talented freshmen in the state.  I don't think this is the first time we break some hearts.

The good thing is no matter how good the west maybe. If your in the east you just focus on those teams you have to beat. I saw the ER TC game until the delay Friday night. On a dry field ER beats them by whatever they want. The season is setting up to be a championship regional title game on the rockpile late in the season! Lot of football to play though. Westmoreland has arguably the toughest schedule in the state for any 2a school. Hard to stay healthy with a schedule like that but if you can you will be battle tested. The Portland and Macon Co game made Watertown look like a slow motion picture to us. It prepared us to see speed like ER will have. Portland has a line that was huge and athletic. We won the line of scrimmage. That’s the key to our season. Win the line of scrimmage! Play sound D. No turnovers use the clock

35 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

The good thing is no matter how good the west maybe. If your in the east you just focus on those teams you have to beat. I saw the ER TC game until the delay Friday night. On a dry field ER beats them by whatever they want. The season is setting up to be a championship regional title game on the rockpile late in the season! Lot of football to play though. Westmoreland has arguably the toughest schedule in the state for any 2a school. Hard to stay healthy with a schedule like that but if you can you will be battle tested. The Portland and Macon Co game made Watertown look like a slow motion picture to us. It prepared us to see speed like ER will have. Portland has a line that was huge and athletic. We won the line of scrimmage. That’s the key to our season. Win the line of scrimmage! Play sound D. No turnovers use the clock

My pick from the East is Tyner and They also have the talent to compete with any team in the west. But for some odd reason ,they seem to underachieve  in the playoffs, Its definitely not a talent issue.

I do think you guys have a very good team and East  looks good as well. Its also a VERY long season and any team could have misfortune and go from being a powerhouse to just a average team.

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I hope the westy and ER game will be as good as it was last year. Especially if it’s for the region championship

56 minutes ago, pujo said:

My pick from the East is Tyner and They also have the talent to compete with any team in the west. But for some odd reason ,they seem to underachieve  in the playoffs, Its definitely not a talent issue.

I do think you guys have a very good team and East  looks good as well. Its also a VERY long season and any team could have misfortune and go from being a powerhouse to just a average team.

Your exactly right. A lot of folks may not know we lost a big time piece of our team in the Portland game to a fractured neck. Believe it or not he’s gonna try to return later on. Kind of hurt us against Macon co to get kids experience at his positions because he was a very dependable player. We have some kids stepping up now that excites us up here. We just want to win the region and get a home playoff track! Smith co will be a huge test this week out of region. Glad we play them at the rockpile though

Edited by Mr. Postman1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Your exactly right. A lot of folks may not know we lost a big time piece of our team in the Portland game to a fractured neck. Believe it or not he’s gonna try to return later on. Kind of hurt us against Macon co to get kids experience at his positions because he was a very dependable player. We have some kids stepping up now that excites us up here. We just want to win the region and get a home playoff track! Smith co will be a huge test this week out of region. Glad we play them at the rockpile though

I hope the kid recovers and gets to play, Hate seeing these kids having to sit and watch after they put so much work in to play a game they love.

38 minutes ago, pujo said:

I hope the kid recovers and gets to play, Hate seeing these kids having to sit and watch after they put so much work in to play a game they love.

He is a senior and one of the finest, respectful, hardworking , Christian young men you’ll ever meet. He along with all the seniors and our community have been looking forward to this senior class for years

3 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Your schedule is not even close to being as tough as Huntingdon's