F5 comes ovur tha creik two tha littull fellurs

STARSNBARS

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I've watched all of our games this year plus the scrimmages and 7 on 7's and I really knew going in Alcoa would be the team to beat even though Barney's Favorites picked Maryville. That was only to keep some of the Maryville fans off my case that can't handle the truth about things such as JJrebel2010 that was sent by someone else to ask if I was always this negative about things with 2 likes. If you think I'm BS'ing you go get a haircut today and ask the barber who I said would win and exactly what would cause us to lose and I hit it right on the nose and there are still some that won't admit it even after seeing it last night. It is what it is and I saw it in the first 7 on 7 against Anderson County. I will still be there pulling for the Red Rebels through thick and thin no matter what but Barney won't ever piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.

Wasn’t sent by anyone else. That was my own thought. You said you didn’t think Maryville had a chance to even keep it close. That’s why I asked that. If you read my most recent post, you would see that I questioned the overall offensive philosophy over the last couple of years. We seem to have went from running the ball and attacking and using the run to set up the pass, to running the ball exclusively and playing extremely conservative in the pass game. That has cost us in big games the last couple of years. This has to change in my opinion. Just like RebelRon said, you can’t be one dimensional and beat good teams. 

Edited by JJrebel2010

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

Congratulations to Alcoa!! Just flat out took it to Maryville. I'm not surprised though to be honest. Maryville doesn't look like a typical Maryville team. I've said that since their scrimmages this summer.

Tough pill to swallow for Maryville fans, I just said the same thing the following week. They wanted to deflect and change subjects. Lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Wasn’t sent by anyone else. That was my own thought. You said you didn’t think Maryville had a chance to even keep it close. That’s why I asked that. If you read my most recent post, you would see that I questioned the overall offensive philosophy over the last couple of years. We seem to have went from running the ball and attacking and using the run to set up the pass, to running the ball exclusively and playing extremely conservative in the pass game. That has cost us in big games the last couple of years. This has to change in my opinion. Just like RebelRon said, you can’t be one dimensional and beat good teams. 

Thanks for clearing that up. Derek is having to play with the tools he has to deal with. We lost an all star receiver and quarterback from last year that seem to have been harder to replace than most figured. On most Maryville teams somewhere else got better on the team to hide that fact but for some reason it hasn't this year. The defense was expected to be much better than last but the pass defense is just horrible at sometimes. There was one time last night an Alcoa receiver was all alone while the safety was on lunch break but their QB was being run down or that would have been the easiest touchdown in history. The size difference last night looked like an eclipse when Alcoa lined up against us. That was the one thing that stool out in my mind all night long.

9 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I think DB has a great chance. Maryville passing game isn't near what it used to be.

In the past we have had many as 12 qb's on the team and GQ would pit them like a dog fight to make them better. This year we had 3 and one quit because there was a new one come aboard they just handed the keys to the new car and said it was his to drive so you have two. That is the difference in your passing game. I don't blame Derek there because his back is on the wall with no quarterbacks. It's a new breed of daddy's that will not tolerate their son being 5th or 6th on the depth chart when there are other schools in the area they can play at.

Just now, BarneySox2007 said:

In the past we have had many as 12 qb's on the team and GQ would pit them like a dog fight to make them better. This year we had 3 and one quit because there was a new one come aboard they just handed the keys to the new car and said it was his to drive so you have two. That is the difference in your passing game. I don't blame Derek there because his back is on the wall with no quarterbacks. It's a new breed of daddy's that will not tolerate their son being 5th or 6th on the depth chart when there are other schools in the area they can play at.

Why wouldn’t you take that route all along as a dad? If the kid is good enough to not rot on a bench..

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What’s the QB situation look like for next year? If the kid that starts graduates, we’ll have 1 QB on the roster? Never thought I’d see that at Maryville. 

11 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

What’s the QB situation look like for next year? If the kid that starts graduates, we’ll have 1 QB on the roster? Never thought I’d see that at Maryville. 

That is one of the problems I see us facing for a while down the road. I would rather lose with the kid coming back as the one going out but what do you do for the JV team, run the wildcat.

2 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Next year will be rough. I bet the starting quarterback will be Will Jones.  He is younger brother of former Maryville quarterback Carson Jones.  Will is Maryville Junior High starting quarterback.  Will is really good. A bigger problem is Maryville doesn't have any difference makers at receiver. 

I think the JV qb will be okay, he can run great like what we're used to seeing the past few years. I told guys setting around me last night I wish they would have put him in. That last play when the Chinese Fire drill was going on eating up the clock to end in a 81 yard pick 6 pretty much summarized everything I've known since the Anderson County 7 on 7 that me and the barber was trying to tell you the last time we saw each other.