Union City welcomes TCA to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

On 9/4/2022 at 10:44 PM, ReitzFan said:

TCA at Union City By The Numbers

Friday will mark the 7th time in history that these two teams have met in football. Here is a look back at each game in this series by the numbers.

First TCA win was in 2007 during the first round of the playoffs in Union City by a score of 42-0. The second meeting between the 2 teams took place in 2009 in a game that was played at TCA and won by the Lions 31-21. That was the last loss of the year for UC as they went on to win a state title while TCA missed getting in the show. The 2010 game at Union City saw the Lions win 21-15. TCA lost in the 2A state championship to Signal Mountain with a roster of less than 25 players. 

The series took a break until 2017 when the two teams met at TCA and UC scored their first victory in the series winning 49-31. Union City went on to win a state title that year. 2018 saw the Lions travel to UC and drop a brutally physical game by the score of 14-6 as UC advanced to the quarter-finals that year. After a two year hiatus, the two teams met again at TCA and those Tornados blew out of town with a 28-20 win during the "inadvertent whistle game" which cost TCA a touchdown as they were crossing the goal line. The "inadvertant whistle" blew on or about the 20 yard line on the UC side of the field. 

UC should be the favorite in Friday's game. That is without question. However, 3 of the last 4 meetings have been decided by 8 points or less. One thing is for sure, a team with some purple in their uniforms will win come Friday night.  Hoping most of all for an injury free game between both teams.

History won't mean a thing in this one.  UC by as many as they want.  

3 hours ago, FootballFan22 said:

Interested to see how TCA will move the ball against UC. The screen game wont be open considering corners have jammed everyone they have played. The run game will more than likely be shut down so im curious to see how TCA gets the ball down the field.

Hope they don’t move the ball. If the defense comes to play like they have all season it will be a long night for TCA.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, ReitzFan said:

History says it should be an interesting affair. We shall see.

How is your MS program thus year. I will be live streaming the game between our two programs on Thursday  on my West Tennessee Sports  Facebook page. I hope you will take the time to check it out.

Just a realist Reitz! They are that good! Our jr high has low numbers but a few kids that can play! I’ll check that out bud

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Just a realist Reitz! They are that good! Our jr high has low numbers but a few kids that can play! I’ll check that out bud

Here is the link to the Lake County at TCA middle school game on Thursday. 

https://www.facebook.com/WestTennesseeS1

I plan on going live at about 6:20pm. I will be doing the camera work and commentary as a one man band. I will also preview TCA at Union City at the half. If you would be so kind, share this link out in Falco country for those who won't be attending. Maybe I'll get a few UC viewers as well. I would welcome them.

Edited by ReitzFan

23 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Here is the link to the Lake County at TCA middle school game on Thursday.  I plan on going live at about 6:20pm. I will be doing the camera work and commentary as a one man band. I will also preview TCA at Union City at the half. If you would be so kind, share this link out in Falco country for those who won't be attending. Maybe I'll get a few UC viewers as well. I would welcome them.

I will definitely be tuning in

14 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Here is the link to the Lake County at TCA middle school game on Thursday.  I plan on going live at about 6:20pm. I will be doing the camera work and commentary as a one man band. I will also preview TCA at Union City at the half. If you would be so kind, share this link out in Falco country for those who won't be attending. Maybe I'll get a few UC viewers as well. I would welcome them.

I know this is a high school web site but I want to give the young guys some love. LC has played a brutal schedule for a school there size. LC only has 22 players so depth is a major problem. Most of LC kids goes both ways. LC only has 5 8th graders, 6 7th graders and the rest are 6th graders. The Falcons have a 1 and 3 record but have been in every game at the half. LC wears down in the 2nd half do to no depth. LC has alot of speed in the skill postions. LC has to play schools much bigger in enrollment because schools their size simply will not schedule. I know for a fact that LC has reached out to several schools their size and nobody will play. LC is much better than their record would indicate. I truly believe that is why LC usually has a strong high school program do to competition that they have to play. Thanks for giving these young men some exposure. Many might not appreciate it but I most certainly do. Keep up the great work. As for the high school game I think TCA is fighting an uphill battle. This UC team reminds me alot of their 2014 team. That team in my opinion is the best UC team in their school history. I have been watching football since 1977. That's is as far back as I can remember. Good luck to both teams hoping for a good clean football game with no injuries.

21 hours ago, swagulator said:

History won't mean a thing in this one.  UC by as many as they want.  

There is no doubt that UC will come into this game as the prohibitive favorite. They should be. Instead of you just saying UC by as many as they want, tell us why you think that way. Really, just saying you will win by as much as you want gets a tad old. 

I caution you not to totally discount history though. If you do not remember and prepare for what has happened in the past, you are more likely to repeat past results.

I believe there is a window for TCA to win. Personally, I know how to line up defensively to get a desired result. Sadly, I can't play the game for them as my way back machine is broken. Lol To beat UC, you have to be very disciplined in executing your assignments. Any wavering will not give a good end result. Any team can be beaten on any given Friday night. Should TCA win on Friday, logic says no. Can they win, yes with total discipline and execution, and that may still not be enough if UC is as vaunted as you say.  Will they win on Friday, that's why we play the game. Hopefully, both teams will come out of Friday's game injury free and better prepared for the games that matter the most which is region contests. 

Edited by ReitzFan

UC will not discount history. Yet they will remember the past and use that as motivation to bring even more of their A game to this contest. TCA has always been a formidable opponent and UC will not overlook them nor anyone else. This team is out to make statements this year and get statement wins. Beating a traditionally good TCA team will definitely be a statement win and another notch in win column on a season we’re this UC team does not want to settle for anything less than their season goal. Being compared to the 2014 UC team is a complete honor for this team and they hope to be able to accomplish the same season goal that they reached. Will it be tough yes. Is it obtainable absolutely with grit, toughness and determination and playing as one unit, one team they can accomplish anything.

Union City is the real deal. Tough matchup for TCA here, but just wanted to say that #7 for Trinity is going to be special. Very impressed with not just the size and speed but willingness to make blocks and lean into contact. Looks like he has plenty of room to grow too. Will be fun (or not!) watching him these next four years. Trinity will be back!