Union City welcomes TCA to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

Now time to focus on week 5 against the pioneers. Sloppy play last year about cost us, but let’s keep on trucking these folks and pick up win 5. Go Tornados and good luck to TCA the rest of the year. If you want some good laughs go watch Huntingdon fans talk about how great they are and that they will beat us in week 10. 

Congratulations to Union City. You executed your offense to perfection all night. The QB is a wizard at putting the ball in the belly and making it disappear. QB and FB both hard runners and the WB has great speed. 

I was still proud of my Lions. It was very quiet in the UC pressbox at the half. We stood toe to toe with the Twistie Boys and if you say you were not worried at the half, then you would have been lying.

My overall thoughts are that UC executed the offense to near perfection.  Many times TCA made the correct reads on the first and second progressions defensively. We struggled bad with the third progression and that is where 1 and especially 7 gashed us all night. I thought the TC A offensive line did a good job on pass protection. Outside of the snap over the head, I don't recall UC getting a QB sack.  TCA showed that you can throw the ball downfield and hurt the Tornados. We gashed them with a sophomore QB and WR who hooked up for a couple of scores and around 140 yards.

In the end it was clear that the overall strength and speed of UC was superior. We played a a solid first half offensively but we used all of our gas in an all out first half effort. 

UC has several things to clean up and improve on if they want to make a deep run in the post season. TCA certainly showed that at times. Hopefully both teams came out injury free tonight. 

32 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Congratulations to Union City. You executed your offense to perfection all night. The QB is a wizard at putting the ball in the belly and making it disappear. QB and FB both hard runners and the WB has great speed. 

I was still proud of my Lions. It was very quiet in the UC pressbox at the half. We stood toe to toe with the Twistie Boys and if you say you were not worried at the half, then you would have been lying.

My overall thoughts are that UC executed the offense to near perfection.  Many times TCA made the correct reads on the first and second progressions defensively. We struggled bad with the third progression and that is where 1 and especially 7 gashed us all night. I thought the TC A offensive line did a good job on pass protection. Outside of the snap over the head, I don't recall UC getting a QB sack.  TCA showed that you can throw the ball downfield and hurt the Tornados. We gashed them with a sophomore QB and WR who hooked up for a couple of scores and around 140 yards.

In the end it was clear that the overall strength and speed of UC was superior. We played a a solid first half offensively but we used all of our gas in an all out first half effort. 

UC has several things to clean up and improve on if they want to make a deep run in the post season. TCA certainly showed that at times. Hopefully both teams came out injury free tonight. 

Our radio guys said 7 was a freshman. Was that true? If so you guys have a bright future with him and the young QB

2 hours ago, toinemac said:

Our radio guys said 7 was a freshman. Was that true? If so you guys have a bright future with him and the young QB

Yes, he is only a freshman. Reminds me of former tca Mr football Andrew goldsmith. The qb is our coaches soph. Son. Huge improvement from last year and after uc game he should be over 1000 yards. The wr who made most all catches is only a soph. Our starting center was out v  uc as was another soph rb/lb. Kicker is freshman too. We are banged up pretty bad

Union City is back. I wait after the Lake County game and each game after follows up on that statement. Offense looks like the UC of old with some new wrinkles and defense looks to be up to par as well. The way y’all are playing right now I don’t see anyone in the West getting in your way from getting to Chattanooga. I’m just keeping it real 

Edited by TyroneBiggums

6 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

If you want some good laughs go watch Huntingdon fans talk about how great they are and that they will beat us in week 10. 

Lmao. The chest beating and projection here... Find one post from a Huntingdon fan saying we're great and know we'll beat UC. Sorry bud, but the Mustangs are the underdogs this year. Beat Riverside because they played a sloppy game. And we'll need the same to have a chance against Milan, Trenton, and UC. But we're gonna line up and play em all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Yes, he is only a freshman. Reminds me of former tca Mr football Andrew goldsmith. The qb is our coaches soph. Son. Huge improvement from last year and after uc game he should be over 1000 yards. The wr who made most all catches is only a soph. Our starting center was out v  uc as was another soph rb/lb. Kicker is freshman too. We are banged up pretty bad

The kicker is a real weapon all touchbacks on kickoffs and nearly made from a field goal from 50+. Yea you guys are going to be dangerous in a couple years. I was impressed by your offensive game plan and execution in the first half. QB was accurate OL protected well and your receivers made some great plays even when we had decent coverage. Our coaches made some good adjustments at the half. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

7 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Now time to focus on week 5 against the pioneers. Sloppy play last year about cost us, but let’s keep on trucking these folks and pick up win 5. Go Tornados and good luck to TCA the rest of the year. If you want some good laughs go watch Huntingdon fans talk about how great they are and that they will beat us in week 10. 

Have not heard any Huntingdon fans say that. But be glad u are in 2A u would not make it out of the west in 1A

• Upvote 1