Union City welcomes TCA to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Congratulations to Union City. You executed your offense to perfection all night. The QB is a wizard at putting the ball in the belly and making it disappear. QB and FB both hard runners and the WB has great speed. 

I was still proud of my Lions. It was very quiet in the UC pressbox at the half. We stood toe to toe with the Twistie Boys and if you say you were not worried at the half, then you would have been lying.

My overall thoughts are that UC executed the offense to near perfection.  Many times TCA made the correct reads on the first and second progressions defensively. We struggled bad with the third progression and that is where 1 and especially 7 gashed us all night. I thought the TC A offensive line did a good job on pass protection. Outside of the snap over the head, I don't recall UC getting a QB sack.  TCA showed that you can throw the ball downfield and hurt the Tornados. We gashed them with a sophomore QB and WR who hooked up for a couple of scores and around 140 yards.

In the end it was clear that the overall strength and speed of UC was superior. We played a a solid first half offensively but we used all of our gas in an all out first half effort. 

UC has several things to clean up and improve on if they want to make a deep run in the post season. TCA certainly showed that at times. Hopefully both teams came out injury free tonight. 

You had several good points on you post but the only thing we need to do to make deep run is for our coaches to make defensive adjustments quicker rather than waiting till halftime. Our defense will be fine they are the ones that everyone has been talking about. You had some good plays and we adjusted and then the running clock began. It’s not like you found a big secret. Y’all couldn’t run so y’all passed all night and yes your qb never got sacked but heard foot steps all night which made his throws off at times. 

9 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Now time to focus on week 5 against the pioneers. Sloppy play last year about cost us, but let’s keep on trucking these folks and pick up win 5. Go Tornados and good luck to TCA the rest of the year. If you want some good laughs go watch Huntingdon fans talk about how great they are and that they will beat us in week 10. 

Sounds like you are projecting your own concerns and insecurities about Huntingdon bud 

1 minute ago, TheLongestYard said:

Sounds like you are projecting your own concerns and insecurities about Huntingdon bud 

No I have no concerns about Huntingdon. And there definitely are no insecurities. Yes they have a good team. I have even congratulated them at times on other threads but some of your fans make it hard to even be half way friendly. As far as our teams playing. NO concerns. I know it will be a war . 

2 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

No I have no concerns about Huntingdon. And there definitely are no insecurities. Yes they have a good team. I have even congratulated them at times on other threads but some of your fans make it hard to even be half way friendly. As far as our teams playing. NO concerns. I know it will be a war . 

^^^This^^^

This is world we live in brother. Everyone is so freaking sensitive and they take take any form of criticism personally. I love to joke around and talk a little friendly trash, but I have to be very careful and know who I can do it with. People turn into pompous jerks, quickly. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

^^^This^^^

This is world we live in brother. Everyone is so freaking sensitive and they take take any form of criticism personally. I love to joke around and talk a little friendly trash, but I have to be very careful and know who I can do it with. People turn into pompous jerks, quickly. 

Very true

14 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Congratulations to Union City. You executed your offense to perfection all night. The QB is a wizard at putting the ball in the belly and making it disappear. QB and FB both hard runners and the WB has great speed. 

I was still proud of my Lions. It was very quiet in the UC pressbox at the half. We stood toe to toe with the Twistie Boys and if you say you were not worried at the half, then you would have been lying.

My overall thoughts are that UC executed the offense to near perfection.  Many times TCA made the correct reads on the first and second progressions defensively. We struggled bad with the third progression and that is where 1 and especially 7 gashed us all night. I thought the TC A offensive line did a good job on pass protection. Outside of the snap over the head, I don't recall UC getting a QB sack.  TCA showed that you can throw the ball downfield and hurt the Tornados. We gashed them with a sophomore QB and WR who hooked up for a couple of scores and around 140 yards.

In the end it was clear that the overall strength and speed of UC was superior. We played a a solid first half offensively but we used all of our gas in an all out first half effort. 

UC has several things to clean up and improve on if they want to make a deep run in the post season. TCA certainly showed that at times. Hopefully both teams came out injury free tonight. 

UC had 6 long runs of 30-65 yards called back on holding penalties.  Personally, I never saw the hold.  I do not know if the call was accurate and, if so, did it allow the long gain.  I will watch the game film to see that.  All those holding calls is what kept the game close in the 1st half and kept the second half from being even more lopsided than it was.  It should be noted that the head ref had to waive off two penalties called because he knew if was ridiculously wrong.

Bottom line, my opinion is, it was a 75-12 game without the holding calls.

57 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

UC had 6 long runs of 30-65 yards called back on holding penalties.  Personally, I never saw the hold.  I do not know if the call was accurate and, if so, did it allow the long gain.  I will watch the game film to see that.  All those holding calls is what kept the game close in the 1st half and kept the second half from being even more lopsided than it was.  It should be noted that the head ref had to waive off two penalties called because he knew if was ridiculously wrong.

I guess we should remove holding as a penalty?  

4 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

There has to be that one fan who goes that route. I was wondering when someone like you would rear their head. Let me enlighten you sir.

It is true that you had some scores called back because of holding calls. Seeing that yall ended up scoring on every drive you had but one anyway, you CAN'T add the points from the called back scores and tack them on the end for what you thought the score should have been. No need for you to review the film either. Our broadcast  instant replay clearly showed the holding calls and others that were missed as well. The video replay does NOT LIE. It also shows at least one instance of helmet to helmet contact initiated by a UC player that was clearly missed during the 4th quarter on the TCA sideline in front of one of the game officials. We have already lost one player for the year because of brain bleed from that type of contact and I take the health and well being of our players very seriously on matters like this.

Let me be perfectly clear. Those flags thrown, or not thrown, did NOT change the final score by one point either way. The score was what it was supposed to be based on the game action. In the end, it was the offensive line of UC that won the game. They were superior all night long and TCA could not stop them.

UC is a good football team with a chance to go far. It will be interesting to see how they react when they come across a team equally as talented who can hit them in the mouth and do it all night long instead of just a half. It may not happen until a deep playoff run if it happens at all. 

I leave you with this.....it is always good to eat some humble pie and make people wonder if you are a jack wagon as opposed to passing it by and leaving no doubt. Don't be that one UC fan who makes the others look bad. 

Good luck to UC the rest of the season and may your team remain injury free.

20 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

There has to be that one fan who goes that route. I was wondering when someone like you would rear their head. Let me enlighten you sir.

It is true that you had some scores called back because of holding calls. Seeing that yall ended up scoring on every drive you had but one anyway, you CAN'T add the points from the called back scores and tack them on the end for what you thought the score should have been. No need for you to review the film either. Our broadcast  instant replay clearly showed the holding calls and others that were missed as well. The video replay does NOT LIE. It also shows at least one instance of helmet to helmet contact initiated by a UC player that was clearly missed during the 4th quarter on the TCA sideline in front of one of the game officials. We have already lost one player for the year because of brain bleed from that type of contact and I take the health and well being of our players very seriously on matters like this.

Let me be perfectly clear. Those flags thrown, or not thrown, did NOT change the final score by one point either way. The score was what it was supposed to be based on the game action. In the end, it was the offensive line of UC that won the game. They were superior all night long and TCA could not stop them.

UC is a good football team with a chance to go far. It will be interesting to see how they react when they come across a team equally as talented who can hit them in the mouth and do it all night long instead of just a half. It may not happen until a deep playoff run if it happens at all. 

I leave you with this.....it is always good to eat some humble pie and make people wonder if you are a jack wagon as opposed to passing it by and leaving no doubt. Don't be that one UC fan who makes the others look bad. 

Good luck to UC the rest of the season and may your team remain injury free.

Your instant replay analysis/opinion is not super accurate in my opinion as I watched your telecast last year and disagreed with some of your replay calls. Good thing about opinions is we all can have one.