RIVERSIDE @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

What in the holly marshmallow happened 

:shock:

Huntingdon stepped up in pass defense. Poorest show of tackling I've seen Huntingdon put up all year, but #25 from RHS runs hard and is hard to bring down with arm tackles.

Huntingdon had another score called back by a head scratching holding penalty in the 3rd quarter. RHS played probably 90% of snaps with 11 in the box on defense. They did a good job early of containing the Huntingdon run game, but we just wore them down in the 2nd half and started picking up chunks of yardage.

Holding penalties and fumbles cost RHS big time. A lot of mishandled snaps. They weren't terrible snaps most of the time. Looked like the RHS QB was just taking his eye off the ball and had trouble if it didn't hit him in the chest. Several blown plays with the ball on the ground a lot. This game comes down to the wire most likely if they weren't so sloppy with the snaps.

Huntingdon didn't show anything new in the passing game and the O Line struggled BIG time in the 1st half. Finally got our footing in the 2nd half and started getting a push up front.

12 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

My belief it was the difference in hoping to win and expecting to win.

I don’t believe your play calling was very good tonight. Just as last year your coordinator tries to be too cute. With your team you should be running 80 percent of the time. Do that and y’all will be a tough out for anybody in the playoffs.Y’all got some of the pretty knocked of you tonight. It will help your team in the long run.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Strongly disagree. While I agree the game was much closer than the final score indicated, you don't win by 4 scores getting outplayed...

Huntingdon's offensive line was outplayed all night.  Granted they were outnumbered.  Huntingdon's defensive front was run over all night.  Penalties and fumbles killed multiple drives that Riverside had.  Don't get me wrong I am glad Huntingdon won but that is about as ugly a win you can have.

Riverside turned the ball over when they were not even touched a couple times.  They put the ball on the ground multiple times that cost them downs.

Not sure on stats but I bet there was less than 100 yards difference in total yards and get beat by 26?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Huntingdon is going places. They are just as good as always. 

I appreciate that, but no doubt about UC is still holding the keys to state in the West. We will get our first crack at them at the end of the season, though. 

I feel a lot better about our chances of competing with them after tonight, though.

Riverside season isn't over though. Clean up the snap operation and the holds by the O-Line and that's a much different game. 25 is a stud for you guys.

*Also, I would like to know what the O coordinator was thinking for RHS. First drive yall ran it straight down our throats. Then tried to come out passing in the 2nd drive and started getting behind the chains. Should have rode that running game all night. We had trouble tackling tonight.

Edited by sportsnutz

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I don’t believe your play calling was very good tonight. Just as last year your coordinator tries to be too cute. With your team you should be running 80 percent of the time. Do that and y’all will be a tough out for anybody in the playoffs.Y’all got some of the pretty knocked of you tonight. It will help your team in the long run.

FYI, I am a Huntingdon fan. 

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

What in the holly marshmallow happened 

:shock:

I’m not that surprised Mustangs won but I am surprised by the score and surprised that Huntingdon was the more physical team, especially in the 2nd half.  The turnover margin was huge but I wasn’t very impressed with Riversides offense.  Mustangs will be tough to handle late in the season.  They are not the biggest team but they hit you in the mouth and fly around to the ball.  Great win for the Stangs and great confidence builder moving forward.

• Upvote 1