RIVERSIDE @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

55 minutes ago, MustangNation007 said:

UC may be really good but so is riverside. UC getting a lot of love for beating a private school that is notorious for losing to public ground and pound teams

Too many people want to take one game result as the measuring stick for how good a team is overall. UC handled USJ pretty well, then USJ took care of Hardin County...if you think that means that UC would annihilate Hardin County, I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in out in San Francisco! 

I'll go a step further...Huntingdon beat Riverside by a comfortable final score, but if you think that means a potential payoff matchup is a forgone conclusion that the Mustangs wouldn't have a problem advancing, I'll rent you the bridge on the cheap.

Edited by tradertwo

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Too many people want to take one game result as the measuring stick for how good a team is overall. UC handled USJ pretty well, then USJ took care of Hardin County...if you think that means that UC would annihilate Hardin County, I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in out in San Francisco! 

I completely agree with you

1 hour ago, MustangNation007 said:

UC may be really good but so is riverside. UC getting a lot of love for beating a private school that is notorious for losing to public ground and pound teams

So you are saying a team like USJ can't handle public schools ?  They handled U C very well last year. 6 D1 recruits. USJ would beat most public schools 3A and smaller.  U C is a speedy, ground and pound running machine averaging over 450 yrds of rushing offense per game so far.  Your not gonna stop the run game of U C. You may pass against them and succeed but your own run game will be shut down by their defense. Just sayin'

Edited by Tornadopride

32 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'll go a step further...Huntingdon beat Riverside by a comfortable final score, but if you think that means a potential payoff matchup is a forgone conclusion that the Mustangs wouldn't have a problem advancing, I'll rent you the bridge on the cheap

Nobody said UC would run over Hardin County I do think we could play and even beat them if we brought our A game. Yes Huntingdon beat Riverside but Riverside is a good team also and turnovers killed them. UC is not over looking anyone and know some new poster are talking crap but yes we have a good team but we have a tough road to travel to get to our season goal. Can we do it? I think so but the young men on the field will determine that. So let’s stop putting down the teams that we know are good and go out and enjoy west tn football because the Gold Ball is coming west imo.

It's extremely hard to beat a good team when you lose 4 fumbles. Two years in a row Riverside has really hurt their chances by making mistakes. If the Panthers can clean it up their still gonna be a factor in 2a. Mustangs played a very composed game, our sophomore quarterback is a winner. This team is getting better every game. Mustangs were clearly the dominant team from about the middle of the 3rd quarter to the final horn. Huntingdon's conditioning is 2nd to nobody. If it's close going into the 4th quarter you in trouble!

1 hour ago, Tornado82 said:

Nobody said UC would run over Hardin County I do think we could play and even beat them if we brought our A game. Yes Huntingdon beat Riverside but Riverside is a good team also and turnovers killed them. UC is not over looking anyone and know some new poster are talking crap but yes we have a good team but we have a tough road to travel to get to our season goal. Can we do it? I think so but the young men on the field will determine that. So let’s stop putting down the teams that we know are good and go out and enjoy west tn football because the Gold Ball is coming west imo.

Wasn't targeting anyone specific with my post, just saying too many overreact from a win or a loss, especially early in the season.

• Like 1