Greenback @ Knox Webb

orngnblk

Well we travel to West Knox to take on the Spartans.Webb has some elite talent this year with some big boys with big offers.Not a great time for our boys to be playing this type of team.We cannot afford any injuries of any kind going into the next week against region foe OS.Then another big boy in Loudon before CF.SMH I know Ryan made this schedule and I am a fan of playing these type games but we had 4 Freshman on the field Fri and not what you want playing one of the best Privates schools around.Long night for our boys--Or a short one I guess.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well we travel to West Knox to take on the Spartans.Webb has some elite talent this year with some big boys with big offers.Not a great time for our boys to be playing this type of team.We cannot afford any injuries of any kind going into the next week against region foe OS.Then another big boy in Loudon before CF.SMH I know Ryan made this schedule and I am a fan of playing these type games but we had 4 Freshman on the field Fri and not what you want playing one of the best Privates schools around.Long night for our boys--Or a short one I guess.

Games like this will prepare you for little ole region foes.  GB may make it more of a ballgame than you think .

Edited by rtl112

53 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Rockwood taught some of our younger kids a lesson.  If they smell fear, the whippings will be worse.  Some of our freshmen are having to play and they had to go in against them muscled up studs.  It really does help those kids to grow up quicker if they can survive 

Oh our Freshmen dont play like Freshmen,they can play and arent afraid of anyone but a 14 year old going against seasoned 17,18 year olds is soooo much different.Then add the fact 6'5 300 to the mix??Only so much you can do.Webb is loaded with talent.I know what you are saying but there are times when a game like this does NOTHING for a small school.I remember a few years ago CF played Catholic and got good players hurt and the game didnt help them at all except for the 5000$ or so they like us get paid to play.Now I may eat my words and we come out and get right after them and I would be tickled to death.GB has been known for taking down very good Privates and higher classifications for years but we had seasoned coaches then also.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Oh our Freshmen dont play like Freshmen,they can play and arent afraid of anyone but a 14 year old going against seasoned 17,18 year olds is soooo much different.Then add the fact 6'5 300 to the mix??Only so much you can do.Webb is loaded with talent.I know what you are saying but there are times when a game like this does NOTHING for a small school.I remember a few years ago CF played Catholic and got good players hurt and the game didnt help them at all except for the 5000$ or so they like us get paid to play.Now I may eat my words and we come out and get right after them and I would be tickled to death.GB has been known for taking down very good Privates and higher classifications for years but we had seasoned coaches then also.

Go in, don’t get killed, make sure the check is good and go home. Do all these as quickly as possible and move on. I’d love to see y’all pull an appy state but I’m with ya on this one. 

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not going to be much of a game with a homegrown team that isn't even ripe enough to pick vs a store bought team ready to go. Good lord who signed this game up.

Gibbs just beat Central last night and Webb beat Gibbs mercilessly!Ryan set this up 2 years ago.Wasnt me!!!LOL!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Gibbs just beat Central last night and Webb beat Gibbs mercilessly!Ryan set this up 2 years ago.Wasnt me!!!LOL!

Remember Cloudland played Knox Catholic when they had Rodgers and they Mayes brothers plus more. Like you said hopefully nobody gets hurt. Is Greenback getting money to play this game. Cloudland did when they played Catholic. The computers are predicting a 42-0 game.

28 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Remember Cloudland played Knox Catholic when they had Rodgers and they Mayes brothers plus more. Like you said hopefully nobody gets hurt. Is Greenback getting money to play this game. Cloudland did when they played Catholic. The computers are predicting a 42-0 game.

Yes we are and I'll take 42!LOL