Heritage at William Blount

BarneySox2007

43 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

As disappointing as it will be to some- William Blount will beat the Mountaineers. The Govs have never been 0-10 and this is pretty much the only shot at a W for them. I don’t think that streak ends this year.

That's why they play the game to find out. It's a shame one of the two games aren't played on different nights. I bet both Maryville and William Blount are both going to lose several thousand dollars potentially by not doing so this year. 

I would give the edge to Heritage. It’s way to early to call the hires at either school a success or failure but Heritage currently is in a better place. 

The new coaches at these schools started in very different places. Despite their lack of success on the field, Heritage had discipline, structure and toughness under Hammontree. They also had a solid strength and conditioning program. Osovet was able to start there and add energy, improved communication, new facilities,  a new offense, etc.

At WB you had a program that lacked discipline, structure and many other pieces needed to create a winning program. Starting from there means undoing the culture of the past and creating a new one. This is tough, most often means losing players and coaches who don’t buy in and slipping further backward before you can move forward. It will take longer to turn WB around but in Reeves you have a local guy who is committed to the long term success of WB. 

Only time will tell how these hires work out. 

2 hours ago, camppack said:

I would give the edge to Heritage. It’s way to early to call the hires at either school a success or failure but Heritage currently is in a better place. 

The new coaches at these schools started in very different places. Despite their lack of success on the field, Heritage had discipline, structure and toughness under Hammontree. They also had a solid strength and conditioning program. Osovet was able to start there and add energy, improved communication, new facilities,  a new offense, etc.

At WB you had a program that lacked discipline, structure and many other pieces needed to create a winning program. Starting from there means undoing the culture of the past and creating a new one. This is tough, most often means losing players and coaches who don’t buy in and slipping further backward before you can move forward. It will take longer to turn WB around but in Reeves you have a local guy who is committed to the long term success of WB. 

49-7 HHS 

8 hours ago, camppack said:

Speaking like a true coach or someone who is or has been on the inside of both programs. 

Only time will tell if you get caught of which side your on :hungry:

2 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Speaking like a true coach or someone who is or has been on the inside of both programs. 

I find it funny that you accuse this guy, and anyone else who speaks common sense, of being a coach. Could it be that YOU are actually a coach and you do this just to gaslight and deflect your own insecurities onto others? Or perhaps you were once a coach who had a falling out somewhere along the way?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

I find it funny that you accuse this guy, and anyone else who speaks common sense, of being a coach. Could it be that YOU are actually a coach and you do this just to gaslight and deflect your own insecurities onto others? Or perhaps you were once a coach who had a falling out somewhere along the way?

This is all true. I wish someone would hire me to be a coach. I had a big fall out in 2008  I used to be in banking but, I lost interest. 

I watched the Clinton replay and also the Karns replay to see if WB really did junk the double wing the second game and they sure did. That would have been a lot of practice down the drain for nothing. Could of been because the line can't block or didn't have good enough runners. Anyways against Clinton that was one of the worse one sided beatings I've ever seen. Clinton scored on the third play of the game then kicks off and WB fumbles it to Clinton and then scores. When WB got it back by 4th down it was 38 yards to go for a first down. The second time they get the ball they throw an interception and Clinton scores 27 with 5;38 to go in 1st qt. and the third possession it's 4th down and 32 to go and Clinton scores another one to make it 34-0 with 2;23 to go in the first quarter. They even made Karns look good enough for me to pick them over Powell in Barney's Favorites. Heritage is definitely on a different playing level than WB is although their defense is lacking. The Mountaineer fans have all bought into the new coaching staff and will be there loud and clear while WB fans can only set and watch as this rebuild hopefully pays off one day but it won't be this Friday Night.

Any chance these two schools are looking for their next hire? Do they both think these two are long term solutions? Will they wait until May of 202? to look for the next guy when they are again between the proverbial rock and a hard place? 
Meanwhile, lets spend a couple million on some fake grass fields. SMH

2 minutes ago, strongx said:

Any chance these two schools are looking for their next hire? Do they both think these two are long term solutions? Will they wait until May of 202? to look for the next guy when they are again between the proverbial rock and a hard place? 
Meanwhile, lets spend a couple million on some fake grass fields. SMH

If Heritage goes 5-5 it will have been worth it. WB is so far away it will be a while until the feeder system starts to generate. If Osolet left the program would be more inviting for better coaches to apply. Shad totally destroyed the WB program for many years and that is a fact that has to be realized. Poor coaching destroyed one of the best kickers this county has seen last year. Poor coaching allowed a super great athlete to gather bad habits then they transfer to another school only to be a serviceable player due to how hard it is to erase those habits.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

You don’t have to be a coach or insider to understand the cultures created by the past coaches at Heritage and WB and the challenges they present for the new coaches. Lots of other folks on Coach-T have seen and commented on the same issues.