South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

9 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Well I have come to the realization that NC is very sawft because I made 4 posts and got  put in NC Preps jail without saying any derogatory remarks.

Yes the mods are a little more strict. So  tell me what you know about 1a football in NC. I believe there is more depth since there is more 1a schools. The 2019 East Surry was crazy good.QB passed for almost 5,000 yards and they had several D1 players. One committed to TN but got in trouble at TN and had to transfer.

3 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Yes the mods are a little more strict. So  tell me what you know about 1a football in NC. I believe there is more depth since there is more 1a schools. The 2019 East Surry was crazy good.QB passed for almost 5,000 yards and they had several D1 players. One committed to TN but got in trouble at TN and had to transfer.

I don’t know much about 1A Nc as a whole meaning the teams and what they have but I know the teams that win it all and the SMC. At the same time though McKenzie has a running back going to Tennessee so

2 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

I don’t know much about 1A Nc as a whole meaning the teams and what they have but I know the teams that win it all and the SMC. At the same time though McKenzie has a running back going to Tennessee so

They good 1a schools in TN would compete but it would be no cake wake. Wallace Rose had Javonte Williams when they were 1a. Todd Gurley old school Tarboro is 1a now. They are now the big dog in 1a. Taylor was isnt committed to TN unless it just happened 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Appvol said:

They good 1a schools in TN would compete but it would be no cake wake. Wallace Rose had Javonte Williams when they were 1a. Todd Gurley old school Tarboro is 1a now. They are now the big dog in 1a. Taylor was isnt committed to TN unless it just happened 

Well he is at least offered and my point is historically 1A Tn overall is has better teams and athletes. It’s not like Tn is a cakewalk or ever has been and I’m not saying NC is I just dont think overall they are better. Specifically the SMC hasn’t had to play the other half of 1A with the better teams.

37 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Well he is at least offered and my point is historically 1A Tn overall is has better teams and athletes. It’s not like Tn is a cakewalk or ever has been and I’m not saying NC is I just dont think overall they are better. Specifically the SMC hasn’t had to play the other half of 1A with the better teams.

Wrong. Swain won 1AA in 2011 and Murphy was in the 1AA regional final in 2005 and 2017 a few of the years they were 1AA. And saying TN 1A has more athletes is just flat out wrong. The SMC is a sliver of the 1A pie, once you get past Asheville the central and eastern part of the state are totally different demographically. I don't want to make this about race but North Carolina has way more black people than the state of Tennessee, Tennessee 1A doesn't have more "athletes", you are basing that on nothing but assumptions. I've actually watched many of the Tennessee state football title games over the last decade and your statement doesn't line up to reality, sorry. 

TN and NC 1A are similar at the top in terms of team strength and talent. The difference is North Carolina is deeper, more teams and more good teams. But you can expect that when North Carolina has a lot more schools and people than the state of Tennessee. 

Edited by mbdfan

20 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Agree never said one was better than the other just more depth in NC. Look at the talent on the Greenback teams.

1 hour ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Well I have come to the realization that NC is very sawft because I made 4 posts and got  put in NC Preps jail without saying any derogatory remarks.

If they put you in Jail for that there's several that would be banned for life from the T :lol:  most Jasper/Sp threads and some Greenback/Sp ones got a little rowdy 

2 hours ago, mbdfan said:

Wrong. Swain won 1AA in 2011 and Murphy was in the 1AA regional final in 2005 and 2017 a few of the years they were 1AA. And saying TN 1A has more athletes is just flat out wrong. The SMC is a sliver of the 1A pie, once you get past Asheville the central and eastern part of the state are totally different demographically. I don't want to make this about race but North Carolina has way more black people than the state of Tennessee, Tennessee 1A doesn't have more "athletes", you are basing that on nothing but assumptions. I've actually watched many of the Tennessee state football title games over the last decade and your statement doesn't line up to reality, sorry. 

TN and NC 1A are similar at the top in terms of team strength and talent. The difference is North Carolina is deeper, more teams and more good teams. But you can expect that when North Carolina has a lot more schools and people than the state of Tennessee. 

Long time no see, guys. I figured I had to make an appearance for this one.

Let's all stop playing a game here. NC only has 4 classes, TN has 6. It's apples and oranges to compare the two.

NC 1A, by enrollment, covers 1A-3A in TN. Cherokee High School claims right at 580, Alcoa High School claims 680. TN 1A cut-off currently is 374 students.

There is no school in 1A in NC that even deserves to share the same field as the Tornadoes. Talent-wise, NC 1A would struggle with many of our 1A programs (Peabody, Mckenzie, South Pittsburg, etc..). God forbid they ever had to run with schools of comparable size. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t know much about 1A in NC, But I will say this with confidence. There is not a NC state championship team in 1A that’s any more talented than some of the SP Greenback McKenzie Peabody championship teams. 

Football is football no matter where you are geographically or demographically. 2011 SP had plenty of kids that were not white and got the ball slammed down our throats by a bunch of well coached white kids. Lol trust me when I say SP was much more athletic and talented. 

Apparently both teams have been stronger in the past. I promise there is not a NC 1A team that has had any more talent than SP 2007. 

Edited by CastIronHero
  • Like 1