Rhea County Travels to Anderson County to see which County is Best!

Mavericksinflight

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I would think this game is AC's to lose.    Final score... hard to predict but let's go AC 38 - 20

I would have to believe this too. I can't wait to see how this much improved defense. I think the Defense will be the key to a possible State championship for us at least. We can score right now at will. Defense is missing link

The problem thus far with the teams we play is they have no idea who all will be running the ball. Moog or Noe. Choose your poison. Moog is the Monster and he will get 5 or 6 yards a carry. Then there the Beast Noe if he's unleashed to give the Monster a break then you have what I know of as the Best one two combination in the state by far. If you load the box then you have Vowell. If you double team Vowell the you just open up the new show Miller Braden duo. If you perhaps hold them then you insufficient players for the Ultimate combination of our young speedsters. Any where you look any way you look anyone we play on offense the Mavs are deadly. Now if the defense shows the same then by Mid season The Mave will be in top 3 of the super 25 all classes. It really is My True Dream Team. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The problem thus far with the teams we play is they have no idea who all will be running the ball. Moog or Noe. Choose your poison. Moog is the Monster and he will get 5 or 6 yards a carry. Then there the Beast Noe if he's unleashed to give the Monster a break then you have what I know of as the Best one two combination in the state by far. If you load the box then you have Vowell. If you double team Vowell the you just open up the new show Miller Braden duo. If you perhaps hold them then you insufficient players for the Ultimate combination of our young speedsters. Any where you look any way you look anyone we play on offense the Mavs are deadly. Now if the defense shows the same then by Mid season The Mave will be in top 3 of the super 25 all classes. It really is My True Dream Team. And a Shout out this week to Big Stone Cummins. He does some Great work on defense but we fail to see it.

Good Stuff MavsinFlight.  I do thing there are teams out there in TN that have big enough and athletic enough front 5 and athletic enough DB's to not have to double team Vowell and leaving Miller  open.  Having to many weapons and trying to get the ball into everyones hands can be a double edge sword, (I've seen in first hand).

I'm worrying about your memory though Mavsinflight Stone Cummins is a Sophomore at Coe College so if he is doing great work on defense this year at AC you have an ineligible player :lol:

36 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Good Stuff MavsinFlight.  I do thing there are teams out there in TN that have big enough and athletic enough front 5 and athletic enough DB's to not have to double team Vowell and leaving Miller  open.  Having to many weapons and trying to get the ball into everyones hands can be a double edge sword, (I've seen in first hand).

I'm worrying about your memory though Mavsinflight Stone Cummins is a Sophomore at Coe College so if he is doing great work on defense this year at AC you have an ineligible player :lol:

Haha I still follow players where ever they go. Lol Not a good way to work on the extra credit lol. I hope you guys last long enough to see the Mavs so we can send you and your stats home with your tail between your legs For Good!!!! Lol  :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

17 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Haha I still follow players where ever they go. Lol Not a good way to work on the extra credit lol. I hope you guys last long enough to see the Mavs so we can send you and your stats home with your tail between your legs For Good!!!! Lol  :)

I figured if you were bringing players back from College I would give Ballard a call at Army (Had a 73 yard TD pass against Coastal last week), Hite (2nd on Wakes TE Chart and played a ton last week), Gillespie (Rushed for 106 yards and 3TD's Last week for UVA-Wise), Taylor (Starting LT for UVA-Wise), Goddard (UVA-Wise WR 4 catches and a TD last week) Everhart (ETSU OG), and Youngblood (Furman) and we could have a fun time :popcorneater:

Barring injuries we should be there don't worry about that!!!  If for some reason you do beat us I'll be the first to congratulate you all and would be pulling for you all the rest of the way to bring back your first state championship, but that's a big IF with how the Mavs and Devils series has gone the last 7 times they have played

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I figured if you were bringing players back from College I would give Ballard a call at Army (Had a 73 yard TD pass against Coastal last week), Hite (2nd on Wakes TE Chart and played a ton last week), Gillespie (Rushed for 106 yards and 3TD's Last week for UVA-Wise), Taylor (Starting LT for UVA-Wise), Goddard (UVA-Wise WR 4 catches and a TD last week) Everhart (ETSU OG), and Youngblood (Furman) and we could have a fun time :popcorneater:

Barring injuries we should be there don't worry about that!!!  If for some reason you do beat us I'll be the first to congratulate you all and would be pulling for you all the rest of the way to bring back your first state championship, but that's a big IF with how the Mavs and Devils series has gone the last 7 times they have played

Yeah got see the details over weekend. Showed spouse. Told her small world after all. Ballard Greeneville standout threw a 73 yard TD pass for Army against Coastal Carolina HC Jamie Caldwell alumni former QB for AC. Happy for Cade shows East Tennessee has talent and as always for Coach Chadwell and East Tennessee has some Great coaches. All in All looked great for East Tennessee. I did not think Coastal would let Army that close. Maybe Army will have a good year. Coastal is premier each year since Chadwell coaching. We will see how this year comes out.

On 9/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Rhea County is no slouch to say the least. They scored 21 points on Alcoa and only allowed 38 and played a really good McMinn County Team. There bye week is over so Mavs will have to be prepared. Rhea County will be ready willing and able to take down an undefeated Mavs. This could get ugly for the Mavs if they aren't ready. Last year Rhea county ambushed the Mavs after Mavs leading 21-0. Mavs have some unfinished business with Rhea County. Time to get to work!

What in the world? Why is anyone questioning who is the better county at football? We have the better City team as well. 

2 hours ago, GaddyDaddy said:

What in the world? Why is anyone questioning who is the better county at football? We have the better City team as well. 

What 96 Counties in TN (awaiting Swipes official decision) This week no rival so we can Make best County game. And actually if we win we would be best County. Lol No just trying to get chatter worked a little, from you. Lol  ;)

2 hours ago, GaddyDaddy said:

For now its the correct poll. 

I can't say I agree, at all. I would think just after the low Besty score/win considering the low score loss Betsy had with SH and considering the High scoring win the Mavs had with SH that at least the edge would be easily AC. I may be wrong but just making common sense with differential ratio scoring combinations based on familiar teams being played. Just my.  .02