Jeff Co host Knox Halls

1OldPatriot

31 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

The Patriots host Halls in a rematch of a great game last year. Halls seems to be struggling after losing a lot of seniors and their HC. Jeff seems to be finding their way offensively, although the past 2 opponents are Gawd awful. I think Jeff wins by 20+

I picked Jefferson. I didn't realize Spencer Riley was still head coach until now.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

This team is maddening. No consistency at all

I didn't know Spencer was still there. All I do know is their record don't reflect what I thought it would be with him at the controls. Jefferson County reminds me so much a Blount County, when the roof falls in on The vocational School that means it's time to replace the roof. Thank God that happened during the summer that year.

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Jeff Co Schools are very poorly managed. Great teachers and admin, but the county commission can't see past their hand in their face. It is remarkable the amount of business and industry the county has turned away

The same can be said of a lot of systems. Knox County included.  

A large majority of the teachers and administrators in the schools are good people and there for the right reasons, but once they get bumped up to central office a sense of entitlement seems to appear.  

Most systems are way too top heavy, IMO.