York @ Oneida

Spike016

2 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Clearly tryin to get a play off but the ref dropped the ball and it rolled into the back of the end zone but who cares York straight up whooped us. They have a quite a few good athletes and will be tough to beat down the stretch. 

Not true. They were lined up and just stood there letting time expire. The team scrambled to get into position to run a play but were told not to run it, so they stood and let the clock run out. Anyone who questions this can go to Facebook and go to WDEB. The entire game is there and it shows very clearly that York did not try to score. Just like I said, they scramble to line up and then stand there never taking a stance for a play. Every player is standing straight up and they just wait for time to run out. And the ball is sitting on the line of scrimmage and did not roll into the end of the end zone. Just watch the video and you can clearly see that Spike016's claims are incorrect.

Edited by bobcatfan300

Again let me be clear I don’t think it’s an issue either way but if your not trying to score then why snap it the play before? The game clock had less time remaining than the play clock did. Matter of fact why run 3 plays with under 1:00 left when we were out of timeouts? I don’t fault them for trying to score and that’s  perfectly fine. I’m just not saying they didn’t try to score as the game was ending. Did the coach eventually yell to let it run out? Absolutely he did, but that was after they were hurriedly ran 3 players on and were frantically shouting to “hurry” and “snap it!” When the clock got inside 5 seconds and they still were not lined up and set yet then the coach wisely called it off. In fairness the HC may have had no intention to run the play and assistant’s might have just simply been coaching to the buzzer like you should do and trying to get it ran and it took the HC a few seconds to realize that and call it off. After all we’re not talking about very much time to begin with. I dont think they thought there would be enough time left after the play before to run another play or that they would’ve scored one or the other. I don’t take any issues with the way they ended the game at all no more than I would think a YAI fan would take issue with our coach calling timeouts late in an effort to save clock. It’s just what coaches do. YAI coaches did absolutely nothing wrong here but it’s not quite the take a knee in victory formation ending either. No extra credit for or against anyone involved in my eyes. It was a football game, we got pushed around, time for next week. 

Edited by crow

5 hours ago, Tench said:

From what I seen tonight I think Oneida can be one of the top two again in the region. Give this team another season to mature what they have and you’ll see good things. Best wishes in the rest of the season and hopefully meet in playoffs 

Thanks and same here. Better team won, that’s what’s supposed happen. 

5 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Not true. They were lined up and just stood there letting time expire. The team scrambled to get into position to run a play but were told not to run it, so they stood and let the clock run out. Anyone who questions this can go to Facebook and go to WDEB. The entire game is there and it shows very clearly that York did not try to score. Just like I said, they scramble to line up and then stand there never taking a stance for a play. Every player is standing straight up and they just wait for time to run out. And the ball is sitting on the line of scrimmage and did not roll into the end of the end zone. Just watch the video and you can clearly see that Spike016's claims are incorrect.

You really wanna do this?? I just rewatched it and you are 100% incorrect. The Oneida announcers were sayin it also. The kid throws the ball to the side Judge and he clearly drops it and doesn’t get in a hurry to go get it. Also why would they be shuffling players in with 10-15 seconds to go? You need to get your facts straight before callin me out @bobcatfan300

Here is the link so everyone can watch for themselves. Go to 3:26:00 and start there and see what went happened. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0hPrGgS-U

47 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

They definitely were trying to score. But it wasn't in bad sportsmanship. It was 100% to increase the margin of victory in case of tie breakers. Smart move but it didn't work out cause kid should have handed the ball to the referee, not toss it. 

Exactly! I don’t blame them for tryin to score but sayin they wasn’t tryin is incorrect. 

I also doubt it was tie breaker related but it would’ve helped. They were just playing ball and after their first half domination they probably wanted to get a second half score. Whatever happened it wasn’t in bad taste so really can’t see why we’re all (including me) are still going on about it. Then again it is more interesting than talking to ourselves about the northview game. 

2 hours ago, Spike016 said:

You really wanna do this?? I just rewatched it and you are 100% incorrect. The Oneida announcers were sayin it also. The kid throws the ball to the side Judge and he clearly drops it and doesn’t get in a hurry to go get it. Also why would they be shuffling players in with 10-15 seconds to go? You need to get your facts straight before callin me out @bobcatfan300

Here is the link so everyone can watch for themselves. Go to 3:26:00 and start there and see what went happened. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0hPrGgS-U

Yeah I hadn’t noticed the reason they just stood there until I watched the replay this morning. They all just stood there became there was no football to snap. I couldn’t see they hadn’t spotted one from where I was standing I thought they were holding the snap because YAI subbed and was doing the whole give the defense a chance to sun also  of course the coach said never mind there wasn’t a ball there to snap:roflol:

Alright here’s the ugly truth. . . STATS

ONEIDA

First Downs: 12

Passing: 10-19 for 96 & 2 TD’s

Rushing: 18 for 76

Total: 37 for 172 

YAI

First Downs: 20

Passing: 6-9 for 136 & 3 TD’s (per stats I thought they ran more than one but maybe not)

Rushing: 45 for 215 & 1TD (see above comment)

YAI QB accounted for 3 TD’s and 212 of 351 yards (136 passing and 76 rushing)

Total: 54 for 351

Another game with less than 40 offensive plays. TD’s per play ratio isn’t bad at a TD approximately every 10-11 plays for the season thus far. I believe we’ve just got way to many 3 and out’s followed by long time consuming drives by the opponents. 

Edited by crow