York @ Oneida

Spike016

9 hours ago, crow said:

Again let me be clear I don’t think it’s an issue either way but if your not trying to score then why snap it the play before? The game clock had less time remaining than the play clock did. Matter of fact why run 3 plays with under 1:00 left when we were out of timeouts? I don’t fault them for trying to score and that’s  perfectly fine. I’m just not saying they didn’t try to score as the game was ending. Did the coach eventually yell to let it run out? Absolutely he did, but that was after they were hurriedly ran 3 players on and were frantically shouting to “hurry” and “snap it!” When the clock got inside 5 seconds and they still were not lined up and set yet then the coach wisely called it off. In fairness the HC may have had no intention to run the play and assistant’s might have just simply been coaching to the buzzer like you should do and trying to get it ran and it took the HC a few seconds to realize that and call it off. After all we’re not talking about very much time to begin with. I dont think they thought there would be enough time left after the play before to run another play or that they would’ve scored one or the other. I don’t take any issues with the way they ended the game at all no more than I would think a YAI fan would take issue with our coach calling timeouts late in an effort to save clock. It’s just what coaches do. YAI coaches did absolutely nothing wrong here but it’s not quite the take a knee in victory formation ending either. No extra credit for or against anyone involved in my eyes. It was a football game, we got pushed around, time for next week. 

Why? Because kids want to score but the coach stopped them. It's not York's fault that Oneida is basically 3 touchdowns weaker than York.

Edited by bobcatfan300

7 hours ago, Spike016 said:

You really wanna do this?? I just rewatched it and you are 100% incorrect. The Oneida announcers were sayin it also. The kid throws the ball to the side Judge and he clearly drops it and doesn’t get in a hurry to go get it. Also why would they be shuffling players in with 10-15 seconds to go? You need to get your facts straight before callin me out @bobcatfan300

Here is the link so everyone can watch for themselves. Go to 3:26:00 and start there and see what went happened. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0hPrGgS-U

The Oneida announcers? WDEB doesn't have Oneida announcers. Maybe they should have scored seeing the Oneida attitude. Oneida had no problem with running up the score in 2019 when they ran it up 33-0.

Edited by bobcatfan300

9 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Why? Because kids want to score but the coach stopped them. It's not York's fault that Oneida is basically 3 touchdowns weaker than York.

Partner you’re missing the point. You’re saying YaI didn’t try to score when they clearly wanted to there just wasn’t a ball to snap. Had they scored it wouldn’t have bothered me or anyone else. You’re the one that said they didn’t want to try. The QB was motioning to hurry and call a play, they ran in their version of a wildcat and stood there until time expired not because they didn’t want to score but because there was no ball there to snap. Not a single person here even mentioned it. You brought it up in the first place. I’m not offended that they were trying, I wouldn’t have been offended if they had scored. I’m just not giving some sort of mythical brownie points to them because they didn’t. You’re 100% right the kids want to score. I’ve said that, you’re the one saying they didn’t want to try. NOBODY here has said a word against them for trying. I don’t consider it poor sportsmanship and still wouldn’t consider it that if they had scored. We’re just saying the comments that they didn’t out of sportsmanship isn’t accurate. It was a clean game without the silly stuff from either side. I thought both teams represented themselves well and the better team won the game. Every post I’ve made has said so. I’m not sure how much more clear I can make it really. 

22 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

The Oneida announcers? WDEB doesn't have Oneida announcers. Maybe they should have scored seeing the Oneida attitude. Oneida had no problem with running up the score in 2019 when they ran it up 33-0.

We live streamed it also so the link he provided is the IH Sports Network broadcast and thus are the Oneida announcers. 

Edited by crow

8 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

The link I shared IS Oneida announcers. It wouldn’t matter what video is used it will show the same thing and that’s the York player tossing the ball and the ref dropping it and not being able to get it in time to spot it so York could run a play and score? 

As far as Oneida running it up 33-0 in 2019 in my opinion 33-0 isn’t running the score up and like I said if they didn’t like it they shoulda stopped them and done something about it. I mean heck York ran it up 28-0 IN THE 1ST HALF last night. I’m not butt hurt at all over it but like I said it’s a game and nobody is there to make friends. If you can score 75 points a game then do it. It’s the other teams job to stop ya and if they can’t that’s their problem. I’ll go a step farther Fans, Coaches, and even Players are to soft in todays world. They are afraid somebody is gonna get mad or their feelings hurt because they win a game by 50 and who cares if you can do it DO IT! The fans think everybody should play and get a participation trophy and if it’s a blow out then yes I believe every kid should play but playing time is earned Monday-Thursday. The players are out there in between the lines to try and win a ball game and be as physical as possible within the rules but after every play I see helpin players up from the opposing team and junk. The 48 mins during a game should be like a war and after the game they can shake hands and smack butts and helmets. I know that won’t be a popular opinion but that’s mine and I’ll always feel that way. 

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oh definitely a play but heck I may not know what real football is anymore!

No I meant the one they didn’t run. It’s at 3:26:00 on the YouTube video. I honestly don’t understand what all the confusion by some is. It’s clear what was going on and no one really cares one way or the other. I’m just glad to have a thread with some activity :grin:

Edited by crow