Beer-den comin two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

Murvil needs: More creativity on offense, find someone else to take the load off of Vaughn (he's gonna get worn-out), LOAD the box on D. Our front 7 ain't getting it done! (anybody notice that Alcoa's D had 5-6 on the LOS and we only have 2 1/2-4?) It's a numbers game!!!! On kickoff, either get it into the end zone or kick between the numbers and sideline. Quit kicking to the middle of the field!!! It's much easier to cover the kick if it's in the box (between the #s and sideline). I was thoroughly disgusted with our coaching last week and the second 1/2 of Farragut. Hopefully they'll figure it out...............

26 minutes ago, coachspanky said:

Murvil needs: More creativity on offense, find someone else to take the load off of Vaughn (he's gonna get worn-out), LOAD the box on D. Our front 7 ain't getting it done! (anybody notice that Alcoa's D had 5-6 on the LOS and we only have 2 1/2-4?) It's a numbers game!!!! On kickoff, either get it into the end zone or kick between the numbers and sideline. Quit kicking to the middle of the field!!! It's much easier to cover the kick if it's in the box (between the #s and sideline). I was thoroughly disgusted with our coaching last week and the second 1/2 of Farragut. Hopefully they'll figure it out...............

Someone described the situation from another team before the season what we would see this year and I actually laughed about it especially when they said Vaughn would have to run 25 times a game to make up for what we lost losing Jones and Markel. I remember saying Maryville has never depended on one player the entire game. First of all we have a good kid playing qb but to transfer over and take a crash course in going 15-0 from a 1-9 playbook is virtually impossible. Love to see number 2 with the ball in his hands when he can catch it. We have never been in this position in over 25 years. Need to run both Vaughn and LaDue in the same backfield moving forward. We have a great stable of running backs and need to take advantage of it and take pressure off the things that are getting us in trouble. Sometimes it takes a loss like this to wake up and realize there are things to be fixed going forward which we will. In the past when we have had a major hit by graduation another group stands up and fills the void which hasn't happened. Alcoa can stand with any team in the State including Oakland in my book so not going to let that loss destroy this season. just for the record the Maryville team that will always stand out the tallest of all to me was when we lost the first four games and went on and won the state which included a loss to Alcoa and Heritage .Please never get confused with me being critical sometimes versus being a kool-Aid drinker. 

The Alcoa team that barely beat Maryville is (IMO) the best or second-best public school team in the state, so judging Maryville for losing a close one to them isn't entirely fair. Does anyone think that Bearden would be able to play Alcoa that close? I personally don't, so that's why I can't get too swept up in the hype and expect anything but another Maryville win. I've seen it too many times before, and I'll have to witness otherwise before I believe it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

The Alcoa team that barely beat Maryville is (IMO) the best or second-best public school team in the state, so judging Maryville for losing a close one to them isn't entirely fair. Does anyone think that Bearden would be able to play Alcoa that close? I personally don't, so that's why I can't get too swept up in the hype and expect anything but another Maryville win. I've seen it too many times before, and I'll have to witness otherwise before I believe it.

Alcoa had no problem with Bearden in a preseason "game like" scrimmage, just one week before the Jamboree. And, tied DII - A3 Champs McCallie...... 2-2 scores on their field the week before.

Murvul will be just fine. Murvul can't "just load the box" against Alcoa anymore.

48 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Not judging M based on the Alcoa game alone. They've got schematic issues on D that will get exposed (again) if they don't fix them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coachspanky said:

Some good Points Spanky ... We also can not take huge sacks that kill our field position ... an incomplete pass is not a bad thing . 

3 hours ago, coachspanky said:

between the numbers and the sideline... woudn't that end op out of bounds half the time?

2 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Directional kicking is not a new thing 

In college and the pros I guess you're right.  I'll have to start paying attention more, but I don't think there are many HS kickers that can do that.  and I the landing zone he described would take the ball out of bounds if they decided to let it go.  It's just geometry.  but sure.    And I don't recall That i've ever seen Maryville kick for directional coverage.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, Cactus Jack said:

Bearden is better on defense than Farragut, and they seem to be getting better every week. I think they might give the Little Fellas a brawl. Vaughn will earn his keep Friday. While I think Murvil wins, I wouldn't be surprised if Bearden did.

Hey CJ, better study up on your Maryville High Football history. When was the last time MHS foot lost two games in a row. Much less two ho.e games in a row, or lost a region game. So BHS is going to not surprise you and do all of this? A wounded Red Dragon is the most dangerous Red Dragon. Who has Bearden played? One really good team in West and they got dominated. OR had a lot of players out and struggled offensively vs BHS but BHS only scored a couple of touchdowns vs OR. And now they are not going to go to Maryville and make history. I hope you are not a betting man. Plus how do you figure that BHS is better than FHS on defense? FHS shut OR  out. OR scored 10 vs BHS and was on the GL with a chance to win the game?