POWELL @ CLINTON

92Dragon

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

That's unacceptable to me. Clinton had 157 yards last week. So people that think home teams get home cooking....both games were home games for Clinton and Clinton accumulated 302 yards in 2 games. Smh

I have not seen such a bad officiated game in all my time.  BOTH teams were getting TERRIBLE calls against them.  At one point it was every single play.....Embarrassing.  They were even sending kids out of the game because there shirts were to long.....They were LITTERALLY looking for every little thing.  As the saying goes "you can throw a flag on almost any play".....Well that crew did!  You had refs throwing flags from 30 yards away, when the other refs were right on the play....CRAZY!  On a side note Clinton is much better than what I expected.  Good game when the refs let them play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

I have not seen such a bad officiated game in all my time.  BOTH teams were getting TERRIBLE calls against them.  At one point it was every single play.....Embarrassing.  They were even sending kids out of the game because there shirts were to long.....They were LITTERALLY looking for every little thing.  As the saying goes "you can throw a flag on almost any play".....Well that crew did!  You had refs throwing flags from 30 yards away, when the other refs were right on the play....CRAZY!  On a side note Clinton is much better than what I expected.  Good game when the refs let them play. 

There are a lot of new referees this year. So I'm afraid this is going to happen more often than not.

Edited by 92Dragon
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Clinton has Karns the last game of the season, that may be a big game as far as a playoff spot. They also go to Campbell County and the Cougars pushed Karns pretty hard last night

CC couldn't stop Bishop, and Karns has no defense. Clinton is much improved, and Powell isn't as good as last year (largely because they can't get out of their own way). OR is improved, but they have injuries everywhere.

It's going to be a wild October in this region.

31 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

CC couldn't stop Bishop, and Karns has no defense. Clinton is much improved, and Powell isn't as good as last year (largely because they can't get out of their own way). OR is improved, but they have injuries everywhere.

It's going to be a wild October in this region.

If Clinton stays healthy, they should win the rest of their games and finish 3rd in the region.  But anything can happen and anyone can beat anyone on any given night.  So it will be interesting for sure.

13 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This is going to a crazy run to the finish line. A photo finish. Fun to watch. West However is playing like a level above, as for now. But who knows who will be ready come playoffs. 

West always starts out strong.  They have to have one of the weakest schedules in 5a (aside from Alcoa and Maryville) .  West switching regions a couple years ago I think has hurt them more than it helps.  It has been cupcake city in there region for them.  West is a good team, but how good are they really?  Powell has a lot tougher schedule than West from top to bottom.  Powell will be well tested come playoffs.  They just need to keep everyone healthy and get everyone as close to 100% for the playoffs.  Look back to last year and everybody was talking the same way about west until they played Powell in the Semis.  We know how that ended.  So again I think West is a good team don't get me wrong.  Just look at who they played so far and who they are going to play (aside from Alcoa and Maryville)  JMO

West next 5 games: 

Alcoa

Power house Heritage

Power house Cocke County

Maryville

Central (not the typical Central) 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

West always starts out strong.  They have to have one of the weakest schedules in 5a (aside from Alcoa and Maryville) .  West switching regions a couple years ago I think has hurt them more than it helps.  It has been cupcake city in there region for them.  West is a good team, but how good are they really?  Powell has a lot tougher schedule than West from top to bottom.  Powell will be well tested come playoffs.  They just need to keep everyone healthy and get everyone as close to 100% for the playoffs.  Look back to last year and everybody was talking the same way about west until they played Powell in the Semis.  We know how that ended.  So again I think West is a good team don't get me wrong.  Just look at who they played so far and who they are going to play (aside from Alcoa and Maryville)  JMO

West next 5 games: 

Alcoa

Power house Heritage

Power house Cocke County

Maryville

Interesting point! This will be a fun playoff year. I was in the opinion West was a level above, and may be, but reading this then it might be a really wild wild west (no pun) in the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

West next 5 games: 

Alcoa

Power house Heritage

Power house Cocke County

Maryville

I'm not sure that their schedules are that different. Here's West's, ranked by yours truly:

1. Alcoa
  2. Maryville
  3. Farragut
  4. Bearden
  5. Sevier County (BIG jump from 3/4 to 5)
  6. Central
  7. Fulton
  8. Halls
  9. Heritage
  10. Cocke County

Here's Powell's:

1. Maryville (West's #2)
  2. Anderson County (step below Maryville, above Bearden/Farragut)
  3. Catholic (step below Maryville, above Bearden/Farragut)
  4. Science Hill
  5. Oak Ridge
  6. Clinton
  7. Karns
  8. Campbell County
  9. Halls (West's #8)
  10. Lenoir City

When all is said and done, strength of schedule isn't going to look a lot different at the top. As far as region opponents are concerned, I do think that Region 3 is ahead of Region 2 from top to bottom, but it's not a wide gap.

That said, Powell definitely doesn't have many games on the schedule where they can relax, especially with Bishop at Karns, Campbell County slinging it around like they always do, a much improved Clinton team, OR with all of those athletes (and Cummings at the helm), and even an improved Lenoir City team who almost beat Loudon and Campbell County.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, keepitmoving said:

West next 5 games: 

Alcoa

Power house Heritage

Power house Cocke County

Maryville

Powell might be tested, and the hardest thing to do in is repeat. This team unless something drastically changes won't be in the hunt when it's said and done. Alot of time left in the season and Potts has to stay healthy for them to have a chance, but 11 and 9 have to go to another level on offense to get them deep into the playoffs. If not round 2 might be where it comes to an end. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell might be tested, and the hardest thing to do in is repeat. This team unless something drastically changes won't be in the hunt when it's said and done. Alot of time left in the season and Potts has to stay healthy for them to have a chance, but 11 and 9 have to go to another level on offense to get them deep into the playoffs. If not round 2 might be where it comes to an end. 

Completely agree, Utah. I'm hopeful that those guys can raise their game, but until that happens, I don't see them playing for very long this November.

• Upvote 1