POWELL @ CLINTON

92Dragon

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I'll be curious to get @92Dragon's take...

This is my take.....both teams deserved the majority of the unsportsmanlike, personal foul, penalties. Both teams were doing a lot of talking after the plays. I even remember seeing Powell's sideline get called for a couple where the coaches were yelling at the referees.

In a rivalry game like this (players knowing each other and living close to one another) there is going to be alot of jawing back and forth. The refs have to do the best they can from letting it get out of control.

Clinton was penalized 157 yards last week and every bit of that again tonight. Clinton's coaching staff needs to get their players under control. 

I was very proud of the way Clinton fought back but I was very embarrassed by the lack of discipline.

Congratulations to Powell!! Championship teams find a way to win and Powell found a way to win at the end. Maybe Powell and Clinton will meet again in the playoffs? 

This loss stings, but it's time to move on to the Purple Pounders. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

This is my take.....both teams deserved the majority of the unsportsmanlike, personal foul, penalties. Both teams were doing a lot of talking after the plays. I even remember seeing Powell's sideline get called for a couple where the coaches were yelling at the referees.

In a rivalry game like this (players knowing each other and living close to one another) there is going to be alot of jawing back and forth. The refs have to do the best they can from letting it get out of control.

Clinton was penalized 157 yards last week and every bit of that again tonight. Clinton's coaching staff needs to get their players under control. 

I was very proud of the way Clinton fought back but I was very embarrassed by the lack of discipline.

Congratulations to Powell!! Championship teams find a way to win and Powell found a way to win at the end. Maybe Powell and Clinton will meet again in the playoffs? 

This loss stings, but it's time to move on to the Purple Pounders. 

Solid take.