Gallatin vs Hendersonville

mondo44

Eers, I'm not arguing with you but I didn't see where it is starting to unravel.  I don't think they played to the potential of the talent, but I wouldn't say unravel.  Was it turnovers, personal foul penalties, or what specifically?  Again, I'm not saying they have performed well.  I'm just saying it's too early to throw in the towel.  Technically, they are 1-0 (region play).

10 minutes ago, 13sports said:

Eers, I'm not arguing with you but I didn't see where it is starting to unravel.  I don't think they played to the potential of the talent, but I wouldn't say unravel.  Was it turnovers, personal foul penalties, or what specifically?  Again, I'm not saying they have performed well.  I'm just saying it's too early to throw in the towel.  Technically, they are 1-0 (region play).

Well, during the game they looked completely beaten down, lost, and uninterested. The comments I have heard off the field are more concerning. Even had a conversation tonight with a long time supporter and a lot of Gallatin people have thrown in the towel. I’ve been told the locker room is in disarray and the team is starting to turn on itself and the coaches. I don’t know the validity of that, but if that is the case, this is a must win.

Having seen both Hendersonville and Gallatin in person, if I were to label one of these teams as soft it would be Gallatin. Line play could improve for both, but I would still give the edge to Hendersonville. I’ve been wrong before, but I see this being all Hendersonville. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I would like to hear an honest opinion from some Gallatin guys… on this game and overall. 

Gallatin fan here…  My honest opinion is that this coaching staff is in over their heads.  There is enough raw talent walking the halls of that school to make it to the quarterfinals every single year.   Watson got away from the option toward the end of last year, and ran more I-form.  Won a couple games because of it in my opinion.   Then they come back and do the same darn thing this year with that dumb flexbone stuff.  It doesn’t work at this level.  I don’t know if it’s his ego, incompetence, or a mixture of both….  But by George, these coaches are determined to play the most boring style of football imaginable.   A lot of the kids hate the offense, with good reason.  Station Camp didn’t have near the talent of Gallatin last week, but they beat them anyway.  Doing exactly what Gallatin does - run, run, and run some more.   The difference is that Station Camp has a coach that seems to have a grasp on how to run a football program.   I think Gallatin finishes out losing to Hendersonville, Beech, and Lebanon.  We will make the playoffs, and the powers-that-be will say “Look!   A successful season!”   The fan base will grumble and moan….  Watson will make a couple staff changes.   There will be promises of what’s to come, and hope will spring eternal with transfers that have the potential to change the program.   We will hold our own against some powerhouse in a preseason scrimmage.   We will then proceed to go 6-4.   Wash, rinse, repeat.    This is the current state of Gallatin Football.  

Edited by WaveGoodbye
Rewording
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Gallatin fan here…  My honest opinion is that this coaching staff is in over their heads.  There is enough raw talent walking the halls of that school to make it to the quarterfinals every single year.   Watson got away from the option toward the end of last year, and ran more I-form.  Won a couple games because of it in my opinion.   Then they come back and do the same darn thing this year with that dumb flexbone stuff.  It doesn’t work at this level.  I don’t know if it’s his ego, incompetence, or a mixture of both….  But by George, these coaches are determined to play the most boring style of football imaginable.   A lot of the kids hate the offense, with good reason.  Station Camp didn’t have near the talent of Gallatin last week, but they beat them anyway.  Doing exactly what Gallatin does - run, run, and run some more.   The difference is that Station Camp has a coach that seems to have a grasp on how to run a football program.   I think Gallatin finishes out losing to Hendersonville, Beech, and Lebanon.  We will make the playoffs, and the powers-that-be will say “Look!   A successful season!”   The fan base will grumble and moan….  Watson will make a couple staff changes.   There will be promises of what’s to come, and hope will spring eternal with transfers that have the potential to change the program.   We will hold our own against some powerhouse in a preseason scrimmage.   We will then proceed to go 6-4.   Wash, rinse, repeat.    This is the current state of Gallatin Football.  

Well said, but when does the “he does just enough to keep his job” mentality change. My theory on high school to low level college Athletic Director/Head Coach relationships is this…. Too much friendship and bias playing a role, this isn’t a patty cake sport. Ad’s need to step into their role and quit worrying about what friendships their going to ruin and make the necessary firings/hirings… Gallatin has the look of a metro program right now due to one main issue… THE HEAD COACH.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 1

They have three tough games left in my opinion (Hendersonville, Beech, Lebanon) and they have to win two of those three for him to get off of the hot seat. Probably need to throw in a playoff win for good measure, as I think the upset win against Smyrna in round one last year prolonged his tenure.