Happy Valley Vrs The Pups

pujo

14 hours ago, pujo said:

Seen big improvement tonight, several weapons and some speed. We just need to keep improving. 

Me and your brother witnessed some of the most disgusting behavior by parents today.  Cloudland grasscutters whipped the bejesus out of science hill today. No yards, no first downs.  The umpire threw a flag on Sh and their coach just lost it.  Shoved the ref and got ejected.  We made the mistake of sitting on the home side.  The SH parents decided to get in a brawl with each other and I had to scramble to get my girls 9 month old sister out of there.  Keep in mind that all these 7 and 8 year old kids are watching all this.  The refs called the game in the 3rd quarter.  Of course at the center of it all was some blonde with a store bought rack and a bankrupt skull.  I've long said that the female species is doomed.  Today took the cake

7 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Me and your brother witnessed some of the most disgusting behavior by parents today.  Cloudland grasscutters whipped the bejesus out of science hill today. No yards, no first downs.  The umpire threw a flag on Sh and their coach just lost it.  Shoved the ref and got ejected.  We made the mistake of sitting on the home side.  The SH parents decided to get in a brawl with each other and I had to scramble to get my girls 9 month old sister out of there.  Keep in mind that all these 7 and 8 year old kids are watching all this.  The refs called the game in the 3rd quarter.  Of course at the center of it all was some blonde with a store bought rack and a bankrupt skull.  I've long said that the female species is doomed.  Today took the cake

JUUUSSSSSTWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.  Would have loved to seen Hurricane Gussy.

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

That’s mild compared to some of the high school football stories coming out of the 50s through the 70s. I’ve heard of a dad pulling a knife on the ref/coach at a Greenville game back in the 50’s after the game. Men were a lot meaner back then. Asked my father how many flags were thrown back when he played per game in the 60’s.He said about one or two the whole game. They would just let the boys play and we’re not so strict. A lot lot less penalty calling.

41 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

That’s mild compared to some of the high school football stories coming out of the 50s through the 70s. I’ve heard of a dad pulling a knife on the ref/coach at a Greenville game back in the 50’s after the game. Men were a lot meaner back then. Asked my father how many flags were thrown back when he played per game in the 60’s.He said about one or two the whole game. They would just let the boys play and we’re not so strict. A lot lot less penalty calling.

It's not mild when there's a baby in a car seat just a few feet away.  I don't think it's mild when adults act like fools in front of little kids.  And if someone can pull a knife over a football game,  they need to be locked up for good. 

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey guys,

In looking over Hampton's schedule up to the last (Boone) game, I can't see any losses except possibly Gatlinburg.   That should give Hampton a fantastic 9-0 record and a top place in 2A.    What does everyone think?

Its game by game Blazer, SG won't be a easy win and you can't really overlook any of the teams left. Getting a win at GP is gonna take our best effort.  We just need to be fortunate and keep people healthy and improve every week.  Then week 10 we fun into a BRICK wall,  don't think we have anyone who can go through a brick wall, hopefully we can scale it.,lol. I hope to see you guys playing Knox West, would be LARGE for our area if you could get that far and even better if you could knock um off.  I'm a huge Boone fan and have been ever since you guys hired Coach Jenkins, Heck of a Coach and its really paying off. Go Bulldogs and Trail Blazers. 

On 9/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, TrenchWarrior said:

The pandemic and the fallout from it destroyed HS football in a lot of places where it was already in trouble.  This year alone, about 1/3 of all the head coaching jobs in the state turned over, and that’s on top of an insanely high number in 2020 and 2021

Not all of those schools put much effort into getting quality replacements in place.  Many schools are struggling with numbers and with getting and keeping decent assistant coaches now.

Boone and Hampton both had strong athletic cultures and supportive administrations/communities in place already, so they’ve weathered the storm nicely.

Jenkins has been the longest tenured head coach in the state for about 7 years now.  Lunsford at Hampton is only around 30 years old, but he’s already surprisingly high on that list himself because of all the turnover.

I'm sure the pandemic has done damage. Just surprised how many teams are so far down. Hope it recovers 

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Its game by game Blazer, SG won't be a easy win and you can't really overlook any of the teams left. Getting a win at GP is gonna take our best effort.  We just need to be fortunate and keep people healthy and improve every week.  Then week 10 we fun into a BRICK wall,  don't think we have anyone who can go through a brick wall, hopefully we can scale it.,lol. I hope to see you guys playing Knox West, would be LARGE for our area if you could get that far and even better if you could knock um off.  I'm a huge Boone fan and have been ever since you guys hired Coach Jenkins, Heck of a Coach and its really paying off. Go Bulldogs and Trail Blazers. 

Well spoken Pujo :thumb: