JC at USJ...could/should be a great Division II A matchup

WestTNBuc

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

There is alot of pressure on USJ to win a state title this year. Why? Because the chances are very strong that they will move up to D2AA next season. The task would be significantly more difficult as they already know. It still raises the hair on the back of the necks of USJ faithful that JCS has a gold ball and they don't.

I personally think that USJ needs to grind the clock because JCS is so explosive with Boyd in the backfield and Mosley at WR. USJ has faced a much better schedule to date. Union City and Hardin County would beat anyone that JCS has played to date. 

I think JCS has to find more ways to get Mosley the ball. He needs more passes thrown his way and he needs more touches with the jet sweep/reverse. Personally, I would also drop him in the backfield as a deep "I" formation tailback and let him run student body left and right all night. You might stop him or slow him early but as the night wears on, Mosley would dominate. That's  just my opinion. The DL for USJ must get some penetration. 

If JCS wants to win, they have to find a way to get over the "USJ Mistique".  Throw out 2 years ago as that was a fluke win. USJ has to be wary of costly penalties. I'd say the over/under on unsportsmanlike penalties is at least 2.5.

Bottom line is that there is more pressure on USJ in my opinion for a variety of reasons. Some I have mentioned, some I have not.

With all that being said, Ric Flair was always at his best when his back was against the wall. I feel something will happen to throw JCS off of their game plan and USJ will be there to take advantage of it. USJ football is on the clock. I think they have this one tonight and they will shout "Woooo" when all is said and done tonight.

Man I forgot this is tonight. I trust Reitz - he know the West.

6 hours ago, BobbyB said:

USJ is well coached and kids are solid on assignments. USJ QB is a good player, if he can find the big tight end Seals USJ wins. JC was in a close one with Columbia Academy called at half due to weather. Columbia much improved but not in top of Div2A yet. So USJ my prediction. 

Columbia is a young team but not in the top 6 in D2A and the gap from those schools is significant right now.  If they have JCS a good half that says a lot. 

17 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

What West Tennessee matchups would have more people attending than this game?  Peabody vs Milan, South Gibson vs Haywood, Hardin vs Adamsville

Throwing out the effects of season records (everyone loves a winner) and just judging rivalries... Dawg and Pony show, Dyersburg vs. Dyer Co., and maybe Lexington/Riverside should be a few in the same league. JCS/USJ has no excuse for not being one of (if not #1) biggest draws west of Nashville. Proximity, rivalry, and population are there...stands should be full.