Knox West at Alcoa

WestHigh4Life

28 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

HA. MAXPRUPS....CLASSIC.  :lol:

Alcoa would love to increase its schedule strength. They play top 6A and 5A teams in their out of region games and have for years. They tried to get Farragut, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Elizabethton, Anderson Co. just to name a few on the schedule last year. Had Blackman and DB on the schedule the last couple of years, but they did not what to re-new.  

image.png.f2d66c4e19a1f9c4b3006a585ebb5227.png

that SOS for lipscomb is a joke.  they have hands down the best win in the state over thompson, alabama.  massey has them with the hardest schedule and alcoa's at 32nd.

16 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

thanks for all the replies.  I get where you are coming from.  lipscomb had 3 contracts broken after last season.  however, signing up for the jamborees is a good way to get better opponents.  lipscomb got thompson and milton that way.  

Had this same kind of discussion last year with someone from LA. I suggested he/she have their AD call AHS and request a two year deal. We’ve had some great games in the past with LA. As of now, I am not aware of the AD making any requests…Have a great night! :thumb:

14 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

that SOS for lipscomb is a joke.  they have hands down the best win in the state over thompson, alabama.  massey has them with the hardest schedule and alcoa's at 32nd.

One BIG win on your schedule isn’t going to get you to the number one strength of schedule. Div ll at the AA level as a whole does not have enough to maintain a top SOS, imo. I would say Alcoa at 32 is comical. Therefore, Massey seems like a joke with no credibility of ranking strength of schedules…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Had this same kind of discussion last year with someone from LA. I suggested he/she have their AD call AHS and request a two year deal. We’ve had some great games in the past with LA. As of now, I am not aware of the AD making any requests…Have a great night! :thumb:

That was one of my favorite games. No one gave Alcoa a chance to beat Lipscomb on their own field. Standing on the field and looking at that stunned home crowd after Alcoa won was Classic.:thumb:

8 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

One BIG win on your schedule isn’t going to get you to the number one strength of schedule. Div ll at the AA level as a whole does not have enough to maintain a top SOS, imo. I would say Alcoa at 32 is comical. Therefore, Massey seems like a joke with no credibility of ranking strength of schedules…

Yup.

9 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

thanks for all the replies.  I get where you are coming from.  lipscomb had 3 contracts broken after last season.  however, signing up for the jamborees is a good way to get better opponents.  lipscomb got thompson and milton that way.  

....so you're re a LA homer.....chest thumper...... or you hate the fact that a little 3A public school can play football? :popcorneater:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Well the game is tonight and havent seen many predictions. 

Ill Go Alcoa 35-14. If West can keep it close at half then it could get interesting. I would not be surprised to see a similar result as when West played Powell last year with the tv guys clowning West every chance they get. Hoping my Rebels will prove otherwise.

Go Rebels!

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Well the game is tonight and havent seen many predictions. 

Ill Go Alcoa 35-14. If West can keep it close at half then it could get interesting. I would not be surprised to see a similar result as when West played Powell last year with the tv guys clowning West every chance they get. Hoping my Rebels will prove otherwise.

Go Rebels!

I'll go Alcoa, but much, much closer!

On 9/18/2022 at 4:44 PM, WestHigh4Life said:

I always have faith in them but i just like to get the conversation started...but thats not to say they havent disappointed me in the past either.

Last year Alcoa fans claimed the only reason West was in that game was bc of knox county refs...now is our return trip to Alcoa and based on that theory West should have lost badly then and will do so.

Also Blount County hasnt been too kind to West as of late as they lost 35-7 to Maryville last year and havent beaten any of the blount county teams at there place since 2013!

I understand where you are coming from now 

• Like 1