Knox West at Alcoa

WestHigh4Life

35 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This will be a very interesting game this Thursday Night for dang sure. As for Alcoa beating Maryville I'm not surprised, a heck of a lot of concerning issues there that raise their ugly head every week and it's something that really can't be fixed or at least the biggest one can't. Can't feed the other team the ball twice a game and the past week three times and at least one results in a touchdown in both games and say no problem here unless your just a DA. All I can say to Alcoa is chuck that Maryville win in the trash for right now because it might not be the prize you think it was. I think Alcoa has the best chance Thursday Night plus not going through all those BS'ing calls they went through last year over at Knoxville won't happen this year. Only issue is, will the QB be playing Friday Night or not.

If you are talking about Lunsford, he’s good to go. Could have played Friday night but wanted to rest him which was a great idea. If you’re talking about the West qb, I have no idea….

3 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I love me some Alcoa, BC and SLANT are my dudes, if you haven't met them please do they're genuine cool guys, I will be pulling for Alcoa this game and the rest of the season but you have to be realistic there's a team in Murfreesboro that's king of the block. Here's the difference Alcoa vs West is a big game but if it was West Vs Oakland it wouldn't be treated as such 

If you can make it. Holler. We'll hold ya a spot in the GOON VIP section! :thumb:

ZswwTx10_400x400.jpg.1c489c99a790c339976dd4b814d46649.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I always have faith in them but i just like to get the conversation started...but thats not to say they havent disappointed me in the past either.

Last year Alcoa fans claimed the only reason West was in that game was bc of knox county refs...now is our return trip to Alcoa and based on that theory West should have lost badly then and will do so.

Also Blount County hasnt been too kind to West as of late as they lost 35-7 to Maryville last year and havent beaten any of the blount county teams at there place since 2013!

..........and to your point what was the score of the Alcoa vs Maryville game last year...........Please explain?!

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I would be curious to know why you think this.  alcoa's schedule is usually one of the weakest in the the rankings so it's hard to know.  for instance on m a x p r e p s TN rankings, alcoa's strength of schedule is 3.6.  the top 3 are all above 30.  would be nice to see them play more good teams, particularly outside of east TN.  west is also below 10 for what is's worth.

HA. MAXPRUPS....CLASSIC.  :lol:

Alcoa would love to increase its schedule strength. They play top 6A and 5A teams in their out of region games and have for years. They tried to get Farragut, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Elizabethton, Anderson Co. just to name a few on the schedule last year. Had Blackman and DB on the schedule the last couple of years, but they did not what to re-new.  

image.png.f2d66c4e19a1f9c4b3006a585ebb5227.png

1 hour ago, AsNatureIntends said:

Why don’t y’all just go up to 5A/6A, then you wouldn’t have to worry about it? Yeah yeah, I know y’all are only 3A, but when you have more players every single year than most all 6A schools, how exactly can you classify yourself as 3A? Serious question? I’m sure that marshmallow paved road through the playoffs gets old?

BUTTHURT much? :lol: ..........Says the sissy that's team does not play Alcoa or Maryville! :thumb:

image.jpeg.a70bc744bd26b9360e985bcb8a43555b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

For what it’s worth, Alcoa schedules who they can schedule. When the typical powerhouses refuse to play by using the old excuse of- “We have nothing to gain from playing Alcoa. If we win, we were supposed to win. If we lose, we got beat by a 3A school” gets old. You can’t have it both ways. These teams run from signing a two year deal, then folks like you want to bang our schedule. Get some of these schools you are thinking to call our athletic director and I’m sure he will try and work something out. :thumb:

thanks for all the replies.  I get where you are coming from.  lipscomb had 3 contracts broken after last season.  however, signing up for the jamborees is a good way to get better opponents.  lipscomb got thompson and milton that way.