Cland vs Cosby

THE KING

20 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Somehow they lost by 4 scores and only put up 6.  You guys will probably win by the same margin. 

1st half stats , CD 11 Yards, minus 4 rushing and 0 1st downs, was still leading at the half 14 to 6.  CD did play better in the second half but the score is VERY misleading.  I'd say Unicoi will beat CD next week. We will have to play well to beat SG.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, crazzyness said:

Wonder when the last time Unaka didn't have at least 100 yards passing?

Better yet, when's the last time they WON and didn't have 100 yards passing. I bet it's been at least 15 years when Donald was coaching. 

Hv is pretty good defensively although I think you'll beat them again at home. 

Gage McKinney is a beast.  313 rushing on 36 carries and holtsclaw has emerged as a running back with 64 yards.  Overall cland was dominant with the running game.  We only struggle against teams that punch back up front.  We don't have the weapons like a Cosby or unaka but it's been proven time and again that football games are won by the bigs.  Give me 3 or 4 plays with some powerful bigs and we'll take the trophy 

58 minutes ago, pujo said:

Better tussle than I thought it would be, must be Unaka made over. My guess is Unaka wins.

I think Unaka is a bit better. Neither like to be physical. Unaka is better at the QB position. I believe Cosby should give the ball to number 3 more he never touched the ball until late in the game. He was built different.

11 minutes ago, 15Landers said:

I think Unaka is a bit better. Neither like to be physical. Unaka is better at the QB position. I believe Cosby should give the ball to number 3 more he never touched the ball until late in the game. He was built different.

Sounds like it will be a pretty good game. Think whoever finishes 2ond will have a good chance of a 1st round win in the playoffs. I'm not sure if either team has ever won a playoff game.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Sounds like it will be a pretty good game. Think whoever finishes 2ond will have a good chance of a 1st round win in the playoffs. I'm not sure if either team has ever won a playoff game.

Expect it to be close. Glad it’s going to be up the creek. We’ve been a little inconsistent this year. Right now I think we are a touch better, but it won’t be easy.

22 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

Expect it to be close. Glad it’s going to be up the creek. We’ve been a little inconsistent this year. Right now I think we are a touch better, but it won’t be easy.

Cosby isn’t an easy place to play and they always seem to play better there. Having it at the creek is a big advantage. 

47 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Cosby isn’t an easy place to play and they always seem to play better there. Having it at the creek is a big advantage. 

I didn't realize we were without k. Birchfield and Jacob street.  Street is the lone senior linemen.  So it's awesome that we won big without 2 of our best players. 

9 hours ago, THE KING said:

I didn't realize we were without k. Birchfield and Jacob street.  Street is the lone senior linemen.  So it's awesome that we won big without 2 of our best players. 

Winning without those 2 speaks volumes  and it can also speak to the comp you were playing. I,m not picking on Oleeagle or Cosby, they just struggle to field a solid team. I also think Unaka will handle them pretty well.

Think you guys are in for a tough one next week, WG is not a team you can count a W. 

17 hours ago, pujo said:

Winning without those 2 speaks volumes  and it can also speak to the comp you were playing. I,m not picking on Oleeagle or Cosby, they just struggle to field a solid team. I also think Unaka will handle them pretty well.

Think you guys are in for a tough one next week, WG is not a team you can count a W. 

There's really only 2 given W's left.  We'll be in a dogfight with wg, unicoi, and jc.  That loss to hv really hurt us on a winning season.  I was thinking we'd be 5-5 or 6-4.  Cland will be battle tested going into the playoffs and nearly all of these kids will be back with a year in the weight room under their belt