Peabody at Dyersburg

6 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

would have loved to hear the call from the Peabody broadcasters. Ohh, I forgot. 2 legendary broadcasters were not allowed to broadcast the game because DBurg did not want it to negatively effect their gate money. What a shame. I hope this 1 hurts a little extra. Peabody not being able to bring 1 of the very best broadcasting teams in all of high school sports to your beautiful stadium is just shameful! The production that worthy road studios and the play by play from Peabody could not be duplicated by anyone in this state! ROLL DANG TIDE!!!!!!! 

I know they couldn’t live stream but thought they could broadcast on radio 

22 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, It’s my understanding that Coach Kirby at Covington has asked the Covington Gridiron Association not to live stream our home games. That would affect ticket sales, and these athletic departments need that cash flow to survive. 

Our home games are available on Facebook on a delayed basis, I understand.  So, personally, I would not fault Dyersburg. It’s a business decision.

At the end of the day we have to accept the fact that our schools, administrators, and game day personnel genuinely want to work with other schools and communities, knowing that our crews will be at the mercy of their hospitality later on. In my own personal opinion, entering another campus is a privilege and not a right. Looking forward to my visit to Covington next week. It will be my first time accessing media facilities and seeing the stadium upgrades in person. 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, tennesseeannouncer said:

To my knowledge a request to broadcast on radio was never received. 

I'm sure you were aware that Peabody does not have a radio station to broadcast games, only video streaming. I asked this on another thread and I'll ask you here, how would Dyersburg folks feel if a school denied your broadcast announcers the ability to do a live broadcast?

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I'm sure you were aware that Peabody does not have a radio station to broadcast games, only video streaming. I asked this on another thread and I'll ask you here, how would Dyersburg folks feel if a school denied your broadcast announcers the ability to do a live broadcast?

No sir. I do not know that my paths have crossed with Peabody prior to this week. With that said I had no way to know that they ate video only.

Do you think that that I have never been denied access to cover a game? 

I’m going to issue a disclaimer here: the following is my personal opinion and not the opinion of my employer or anyone else. Schools and the TSSAA react much differently to radio vs television/video. I have had much more grief in the two or three times I have attempted to stream video than the times I’ve attempted to use am/fm/audio streaming.