Cornersville @Fayetteville

City223

15 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Not so fast my friend. . The talent is definitely there but the Kids and the Coaches need to get their act together. 
Not to replay the MC game but 2 notes in retrospect. Why not bring Johnson the SS up on D to spy the Qb. Take him outta the game somewhat. Also FC D Ends must protect the edge and turn plays inside. MC Qb had a field day on the Edges all night. 

Those are easy fixes to make and they have the rest of the season to do so. They’ll be ready come playoff time

A lot of Cornersvilles old players were in attendance on Friday for Cornersvilles homecoming against Eagleville. I got a chance to speak with most if not all of those young men and the consensus was that Waddell and crew can’t call a good game to save their life, but that he also has no idea how to coach these kids. Randolph did a fantastic job at chewing them a new one when they made mistakes but also making sure they all understood he still loved and cared about them. Unfortunately Waddell is much more on the coddling and loving train for his players and as a result has lost control of that team. Cornersville will be demolished at Fayetteville this Friday and I assure you it will not be pretty. That is not a prediction folks, that’s a spoiler!

18 hours ago, City223 said:

Those are easy fixes to make and they have the rest of the season to do so. They’ll be ready come playoff time

I’m a little concerned that I’m seeing obvious things wrong but there’s no 2nd half adjustments. Come on coaches you have a great team make the appropriate changes or your gonna come up short. Your athletes can’t bail you out against another team with talent. . The only thing that stopped MC was FC’s superior athletes. Totally outcoached from start to finish. 

For everyone hating on Ben Franklin, please don’t tarnish this young man’s reputation based off a coach T post by a fan using his name to talk smack. He is as good as you think he is. It is a game played by 11 and not just 1 though. This young man is as humble as they come. He does his job well and hands the ball back to the ref and goes back to the huddle, no matter if it’s a 2 yard loss or 90 yard touchdown. He does not showboat. He is what you want in an athlete. 

6 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

For everyone hating on Ben Franklin, please don’t tarnish this young man’s reputation based off a coach T post by a fan using his name to talk smack. He is as good as you think he is. It is a game played by 11 and not just 1 though. This young man is as humble as they come. He does his job well and hands the ball back to the ref and goes back to the huddle, no matter if it’s a 2 yard loss or 90 yard touchdown. He does not showboat. He is what you want in an athlete. 

Sounds like a great kid. Is his name Ben Franklin for real 

City drums Cornersville. If its one team they want put up as many points possible its def this team. They wont let off the pedal like they did vs Wayne co and Collinwood. Cornersville prolly honestly hopes it happens that way than can part ways with this cat they got coaching them. Cornersville gets back on the bus at halftime and City starts preparing for Red Bank.

1 hour ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

I don’t think it’s a hate for Ben, that dude is over performing every week and getting almost nothing in return from that staff and some of his teammates. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him leave next year if this Waddell situation isn’t handled. I don’t know why Randolph left, but if it was a financial reason or him wanting a more active role as an AD, Cornersville made the stupidest move possible letting him go.

1 minute ago, GODAWGS89 said:

I don’t think it’s a hate for Ben, that dude is over performing every week and getting almost nothing in return from that staff and some of his teammates. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him leave next year if this Waddell situation isn’t handled. I don’t know why Randolph left, but if it was a financial reason or him wanting a more active role as an AD, Cornersville made the stupidest move possible letting him go.

Randolph left to help Marshall County and to watch his son play.  He was missing all of his son's games due to him coaching at Cornersville and his son playing for Marshall County.  

Just now, WannaBeReferee said:

Randolph left to help Marshall County and to watch his son play.  He was missing all of his son's games due to him coaching at Cornersville and his son playing for Marshall County.  

Yeah that was the public reason, but I’ve heard a few murmurs that he wanted a more administrative role in Cornersville and it was denied. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Sounds like a great kid. Is his name Ben Franklin for real 

It is I honestly thought one of the fans for cornersville was trolling us at the beginning  of this season, but in fact his name is Benjamin Franklin. After watching him earlier in the year, If he was on a better team he would definitely have much better stats he is a good sized kid who runs hard. He would be an asset and playmaker on 98% percent of 1a/2a teams in TN. The Thing that threw me for a loop is the coach will only give him the ball around 10-12 times a game sometimes even less for whatever reason.  I’d say he’s been close to 100 yards in most their games , because he will usually break off a 60+ yarder and he seemed to get better as the game went on. The coaching is over 60% of Cornersville problems until they fix that they will continue to get mercy ruled. The City game is going to be ugly.