Macon County vs Upperman

Tigersnumber

Macon has a good team. Tonight was just not there night. I agree tonight upperman was just more physical and could run the ball. Macon just couldn’t  stop upperman run game tonight. Im sure Macon has players injured and will be health when the playoffs start. #7 for Macon can fly if given space. There was other players I just don’t remember the numbers. They our a good team they have won 6 games for a reason. Macon fought till the end and that shows they had e heart.

4 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Naturally it’s a Bee not Tiger I wonder how they magically keep getting these kids in all sports? 

Chaffin has played for the Stingers since he was a pee-wee and has lived within a couple miles of the school his whole life. He’s one piece of a talented freshman class that has played together since they were six and who won a middle school championship last year.  There’s no magic to where those kids came from. 

10 hours ago, Potter46 said:

Macon has a good team. Tonight was just not there night. I agree tonight upperman was just more physical and could run the ball. Macon just couldn’t  stop upperman run game tonight. Im sure Macon has players injured and will be health when the playoffs start. #7 for Macon can fly if given space. There was other players I just don’t remember the numbers. They our a good team they have won 6 games for a reason. Macon fought till the end and that shows they had e heart.

Macon needs more size and depth. 45 players is not alot for a 4a team. Around 60 is the average for the better teams. Got to be more big country boys up there. #7 is quick given space. #2 ,for UHS surprised me with his speed leaving gets behind on his long run. 

3 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Macon needs more size and depth. 45 players is not alot for a 4a team. Around 60 is the average for the better teams. Got to be more big country boys up there. #7 is quick given space. #2 ,for UHS surprised me with his speed leaving gets behind on his long run. 

They can’t exactly get those players in a small county like Macon. The Putnam County Bees get to pick from 3000 kids. Macon has maybe 900.

21 hours ago, Goldeaglefan said:

Chaffin has played for the Stingers since he was a pee-wee and has lived within a couple miles of the school his whole life. He’s one piece of a talented freshman class that has played together since they were six and who won a middle school championship last year.  There’s no magic to where those kids came from. 

He's also a legacy. His mother played basketball at UHS.

22 hours ago, Khall555 said:

They can’t exactly get those players in a small county like Macon. The Putnam County Bees get to pick from 3000 kids. Macon has maybe 900.

In years past Macon had more total players on the team at smaller enrollment numbers. And seems like more size in the line like the 2003 year. It's part of the coaching staff job to get players out. Gary Ranking then Maynard both had 75 or more kids dressed at Smith Country and a school enrollment of around 530. We already have 9 state champions. Same as California, but with 1/12th the population. I mean we can say let's have 4a-1 schools with enrollment 830-1125 that reside near a city less than 10k, 4a-2 schools with enrollment 830-1125 but are close to a city above 10k. We chopped it up enough times to make it as fair as it can be. What else can ya do? At some point you got to stop the excuses and play ball. There will always be the haves and the have nots.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

On 10/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, Khall555 said:

Cookeville has a population of almost 36,000 in it. Upperman gets to get players from a very large city unlike most schools around the upper Cumberland. A city with a college and everything else in it. It’s a huge advantage compared to other schools that don’t have a big city to get players from. This is why the bee’s are very good in every sport. I for one am not impressed. Huge huge advantage and yes I know Upperman don’t make the rules but it’s still a big time advantage.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:21 AM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Being the local expert in all things Baxter, does Baxter have a library?  If so they need a few copies of FOOTBALL for DUMMIES so some of the folks up there can check them out to read up on rules and such. Somehow I ended up on the Baxter side Friday and had to listening to some the most clueless fans I've ever been around ----anywhere. ( Not all- I may have gotten mixed in the "oohh  .....you mean them" section ) but dang, some of them have no idea what they are looking at. 

• Upvote 1