Mairvul headin' two Raydurland

STARSNBARS

Back in my day and a few others on here posting we had a 15 year winning streak over Alcoa from 70-84. There was even talk of them not playing anymore then in 1985 the unthinkable happened and Alcoa pulled off an upset. I was so mad I couldn't see straight and wanted to fight anyone that said anything to me about it. That still bothered me then more than this past Friday because the teams I played on were apart of that streak. The new streak that was broken Friday most likely hurt the one's that were apart of it like the one that was broke from my time so I could imagine how some of those fellows feel. I'm just a fan now and I hurt when we don't do our best and Friday sure hurt.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:10 PM, pepvol said:

Season's not over yet ... hopefully we'll go as far as Mt Juliet ! 

Congratulations Cleveland ! Gotta be a great feeling and you guys definitely played your hearts out ! 

Maryville team definitely looked flat , I'm starting to wonder about the leadership ... they have to know they have a huge target on their back every time they put the uniform on . Maryville making way too many undisciplined mistakes , and some by the veterans who need to be the Leaders .

I've got to mention the 3 man Rush thing going on , I absolutely hate it ! Tennessee nearly lost to Florida by playing passive Defense and Maryville is doing the same thing . Everyone thinks Maryville they think Offense , Maryville won a ton of State Championships by playing Super aggressive on Defense ! If your Secondary is not a strength dropping 8 men back is NOT the only way to help them , the QB running for his life is a huge help to the secondary !! We have some extremely athletic Defensive ends this year that could pressure any QB but it seems like their hands get tied a LOT !! Rant over , Congrats again to Cleveland and hopefully Maryville Learns from this and gets better . 

Hey DBgrad70 ... since the TSSAA Playoffs started in 1969 Derek Hunt has 2 State Championships ... DB - zip 

Not only that, they used to put all their best athletes on defense, and everyone else went on offense. I'm not sure if it's still like that or not. Also db too worried about giving good ole boys with connections coaching jobs and playing lil timmy whose daddy donated to the booster's club to ever have a chance at winning a state title. DB has had a lot of D1 athletes-for other sports-because those athletes didn't want to have to deal with booster club player favoritism in both playing time and talent development. Good ole boys waste too much time tryna turn lil timmys into decent players. We did win the basketball championship last year though, so that shows not all the coaches in all sports are terrible. The band program is also amazing. Also shows that there are good athletes at DB-most just don't want to play football for reasons listed above

Edited by BoosterClubPlayersSuck