Mairvul headin' two Raydurland

STARSNBARS

11 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol...knew the Marivul Historical Society would show up.   

5 stages of grief.   

Denial

Anger 

Bargaining 

Acceptance 

Grief 

Some of y'all are in anger some are still stuck in denial.  Y'all can state your past all you want.   It won't gain you a yard this year.  

How convenient that you only want to talk about the last 2 years , seriously, come talk to me when you match Maryville’s 6-6A state Championships… and then you guys will finally have over half the Championships Maryville has . 

15 minutes ago, pepvol said:

How convenient that you only want to talk about the last 2 years , seriously, come talk to me when you match Maryville’s 6-6A state Championships… and then you guys will finally have over half the Championships Maryville has . 

How convenient you just want to talk about the past.   Yes Maryville has more championships.  No debating that.   Good for Maryville.   Tell ya what.   Since I  get bored with y'alls endless drivel about history and you don't like hearing about how Oakland has owned y'all the past two years then let's make a pact to just discuss this year's Oakland and Maryville teams.   I'm good with that if you are. 

If the qb for Oakland can get completely healthy and the defense continues to show play like they did last night against Blackman then they will be a VERY tough team to beat come playoffs.

3 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol...knew the Marivul Historical Society would show up.   

5 stages of grief.   

Denial

Anger 

Bargaining 

Acceptance 

Grief 

Some of y'all are in anger some are still stuck in denial.  Y'all can state your past all you want.   It won't gain you a yard this year.  

If we don’t show up we are hiding like Goobers did for 12 months. If we do show up we’re angry. 

I know about 30 players on that team real well and they are great young men. 

I still support my team. We might get beat by West, but I still think we are the best in our classification on this end of the state. 

Edited by Red Rebels

5 hours ago, pepvol said:

Y’all will rebound, the culture that’s been built for sometime there doesn’t just vanish. I still predict Maryville v Oakland in the semis 

and honestly I get the reactions are strong for Maryville, I just think it’s a bit harsh. Seasons like this will come around for a good program every few years, great programs every several years. Obviously the old heads are saying this is the “worst” team since 96…. I was an embryo learning the ways of how to troll. Lol all jokes aside that’s a long long time to consider this the “worst” season…. And you still could go 8-2 and make a deep run. Not too shabby 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Y’all will rebound, the culture that’s been built for sometime there doesn’t just vanish. I still predict Maryville v Oakland in the semis 

and honestly I get the reactions are strong for Maryville, I just think it’s a bit harsh. Seasons like this will come around for a good program every few years, great programs every several years. Obviously the old heads are saying this is the “worst” team since 96…. I was an embryo learning the ways of how to troll. Lol all jokes aside that’s a long long time to consider this the “worst” season…. And you still could go 8-2 and make a deep run. Not too shabby 

No offense to the '96 team, but they wouldn't keep it within 30 points of this group. The only player(s) from that 5-5 team who could start on today's squad would be either of the QB's. One went on to pitch for a CWS caliber team at Tennessee, the other was a Mr. Football finalist in '99 who signed with NC State out of HS. Both were Region championship QB's at Maryville with one of them a state champ & 2x state finalist.

Maybe you could throw in a receiver who currently coaches at Alcoa or another #8 at corner, but that's it....

Edited by JSamson7

Great time for an open week for all the coaches to set down and try to figure out how we got to this point and where we made a bunch of left hand turns and figure out how to straighten things out and get back to the basics of Maryville High Football. We have veered so far from what we once were there's no comparison in this group and who we were just three years ago. Most people close to the program started sounding the alarms last year when the pipeline was bare to the bone with qb's which has never been an issue until now. One transfers in and one quits that felt he paid his dues still leaving you with two. Maryville is learning a hard lesson what it is like to be going through 'Guarantano Shock Syndrome" throwing a really good kid at heart force feeding them a very complicated system plus dealing with the damages they had incurred from the last place they played under the eye's of an idiot. The receivers are another story where no one has broke out from the pack as a clear go to man and very thankful to get the transfer from Georgia that has had many challenges catching the ball but when he does lightening does strike. The defensive backfield is a story in itself and with over a hundred kids on that team to pick from your telling me that's the best four you can come up with. They have a kid down at the junior high that can beat that crap. Then the three four defense with most of them being returning starters looks like they were much better last year then this season. This week would be great to admit the problems and tell the slackers to shape up or ship out. If we're going to lose do it with sophomores not seniors.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Cleveland set the perfect trap! I got free tickets, a chair back seat, the hypnotic smells of the chocolate factory, free parking, CHS students trying to infiltrate our student section on three separate occasions, a fat man in a white hat! Well played Raiders! I hope we meet again this year.

Rebs will not make the playoffs