Mairvul headin' two Raydurland

STARSNBARS

9 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Hey DBgrad70 ... since the TSSAA Playoffs started in 1969 Derek Hunt has 2 State Championships ... DB - zip 

Hey ole man, your aggression is misplaced. I'm not saying that DB is great. Nor that they can beat you.  I'm saying that Maryville has been slipping since 2-3 years after you lost your head coach. You turned from a marvelous machine on the field kind of program into just an ordinary to very good program. I was amazed at the changes that I witnessed on the field myself. 

So clear your head and move on.

29 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's the Law of Averages. It catches everybody eventually. But that's not that Maryville won't be back it true form next year or two years from now. Some of you sound like it's over for good. I'd still rather be "Maryville" than anybody else. 

Oh, heaven forbid "forever". But perhaps 5 years.

Schematically, Maryville has always had the advantage against almost every team they line up against on Friday nights. I’m starting to see that this is not always the case anymore. Along with lesser talent than most years at key positions, that is the largest problem that I see. Things have to start changing, on both sides of the ball. It’s the coaching staff’s job to put players in positions to make plays, at any level of football. This is not happening at the level and frequency we’re use to seeing, especially this year. I hope this changes and they can turn it around, and start playing Maryville football. 

10 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Oh, heaven forbid "forever". But perhaps 5 years.

The "Maryville Machine" is still in place and their current head coach is more than capable as he has already proven twice already. As I said before the law of averages eventually catches up to everybody. But Maryville is still Maryville. Don't be fooled. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Hey ole man, your aggression is misplaced. I'm not saying that DB is great. Nor that they can beat you.  I'm saying that Maryville has been slipping since 2-3 years after you lost your head coach. You turned from a marvelous machine on the field kind of program into just an ordinary to very good program. I was amazed at the changes that I witnessed on the field myself. 

So clear your head and move on.

Aggression ? Pointing out facts is aggressive? If I’m an old man then I guess you’re ancient dbgrad70 … so winning 2 State championships in 5 years is an ordinary program? What does that make DB ? 

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Season's not over yet ... hopefully we'll go as far as Mt Juliet ! 

Congratulations Cleveland ! Gotta be a great feeling and you guys definitely played your hearts out ! 

Maryville team definitely looked flat , I'm starting to wonder about the leadership ... they have to know they have a huge target on their back every time they put the uniform on . Maryville making way too many undisciplined mistakes , and some by the veterans who need to be the Leaders .

I've got to mention the 3 man Rush thing going on , I absolutely hate it ! Tennessee nearly lost to Florida by playing passive Defense and Maryville is doing the same thing . Everyone thinks Maryville they think Offense , Maryville won a ton of State Championships by playing Super aggressive on Defense ! If your Secondary is not a strength dropping 8 men back is NOT the only way to help them , the QB running for his life is a huge help to the secondary !! We have some extremely athletic Defensive ends this year that could pressure any QB but it seems like their hands get tied a LOT !! Rant over , Congrats again to Cleveland and hopefully Maryville Learns from this and gets better . 

Hey DBgrad70 ... since the TSSAA Playoffs started in 1969 Derek Hunt has 2 State Championships ... DB - zip 

…..And Benny Monroe has 3 state championships.