Mt Pleasant @ Richland

utpoolman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was able to go see Mt P against Central last night (wasn’t driving to Memphis for Richland ) . Second time I’ve seen the tigers and they are for real. This game will come down to the tigers QB . He’s the difference maker, if he can make the throws they will win. I’d give Mt P a huge advantage on special teams also, kicker has a boot, anyone back to receive a kick or punt has exceptional speed (especially Meza)

Raiders have looked great at times but have had flashes of Raiders of yesteryear.. They have to stay disciplined on defense and not let those speedsters get to the edge and can’t get beat deep multiple times in this one

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Mount Pleasant in a blowout. May not be a running clock but will be a blowout.

First (real) game of the season for Richland against a quality opponent. They will fold early and fade rest of the season.

Agree about the first big test for Richland. Not sure about the blowout tho. Raiders have a pretty good offense this season. So if they avoid giving up the big play over the top they have a shot. 

15 hours ago, utpoolman said:

Agree about the first big test for Richland. Not sure about the blowout tho. Raiders have a pretty good offense this season. So if they avoid giving up the big play over the top they have a shot. 

To be fair, neither team has played very tough competition. MTP played Central but that’s about it.’

If Richland is going to build a program they need games like this. 4/5-0 is not bad but looking at who they have played, it’s not that impressive. We all know of teams (or a team) that doesn’t play quality opponents and how they perform in playoffs. If Richland wins they will have my attention but as for now, the program itself does not know how to win. Cornersville several years ago built their program and learned how to win and did. Cascade looked good to everyone last year but General. Richland this year is just last year’s Cascade.

35 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

If Richland is going to build a program they need games like this. 4/5-0 is not bad but looking at who they have played, it’s not that impressive. We all know of teams (or a team) that doesn’t play quality opponents and how they perform in playoffs. If Richland wins they will have my attention but as for now, the program itself does not know how to win. Cornersville several years ago built their program and learned how to win and did. Cascade looked good to everyone last year but General. Richland this year is just last year’s Cascade.

Mt. Pleasant isn’t that impressive this year and neither is there schedule. Yeah y’all are playing Columbia and Spring Hill but neither of them are very good. I’m sure Mt. Pleasant has some good athletes but they always do. But Richland has beat Mt. Pleasant the last two years. We will see what y’all are about Friday night!

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Completely Agree.. winning is a mindset imo. With our coach coming from LC I was a little worried about a cupcake non region schedule to pad then W’s. I do think this group is different but only  time will tell. If we lose and history stands true we could easily end up 5-5 begging for someone else to help us get in the playoffs. I was a lot more confident til we give up 47 on a below average opponent.. 

3 hours ago, utpoolman said:

Completely Agree.. winning is a mindset imo. With our coach coming from LC I was a little worried about a cupcake non region schedule to pad then W’s. I do think this group is different but only  time will tell. If we lose and history stands true we could easily end up 5-5 begging for someone else to help us get in the playoffs. I was a lot more confident til we give up 47 on a below average opponent.. 

I mean it was 41-14 before the starters were pulled. When should you get underclassmen in the game if you aren’t in a non-region blowout?