Mt Pleasant @ Richland

utpoolman

4 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

If Richland is going to build a program they need games like this. 4/5-0 is not bad but looking at who they have played, it’s not that impressive. We all know of teams (or a team) that doesn’t play quality opponents and how they perform in playoffs. If Richland wins they will have my attention but as for now, the program itself does not know how to win. Cornersville several years ago built their program and learned how to win and did. Cascade looked good to everyone last year but General. Richland this year is just last year’s Cascade.

Richland has played to win this season and not to just not lose. 34-18 is my prediction.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s been decades since Richland was relevant in football, maybe forty years and that was before the growth of middle Tennessee. It’s (winning) is not going to change over night for them. Too much going against them. They were one of the largest 1A teams in the entire state and still couldn’t win. Their coaching carousel looks like Auburn minus the championships and the current coach actually went backwards in his last coaching tenure (one of those Hickman Co. schools I believe).

Yeah, Richland may not suck right now at this moment but they aren’t Cornersville of 4/5 years ago either. I don’t know much about that little 1A ball but I do know some times teams catch a schedule where the region and out of region teams just happen to be very good in a certain year. Sometimes those same teams all have a down year too and, if Richland does pull out a W, that’s what this year is.

If so, build on it and gain confidence. But, as for now, Richland is not there.

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It’s been decades since Richland was relevant in football, maybe forty years and that was before the growth of middle Tennessee. It’s (winning) is not going to change over night for them. Too much going against them. They were one of the largest 1A teams in the entire state and still couldn’t win. Their coaching carousel looks like Auburn minus the championships and the current coach actually went backwards in his last coaching tenure (one of those Hickman Co. schools I believe).

Yeah, Richland may not suck right now at this moment but they aren’t Cornersville of 4/5 years ago either. I don’t know much about that little 1A ball but I do know some times teams catch a schedule where the region and out of region teams just happen to be very good in a certain year. Sometimes those same teams all have a down year too and, if Richland does pull out a W, that’s what this year is.

If so, build on it and gain confidence. But, as for now, Richland is not there.

No Richland is not there. But they’re closer than they’ve been since the mid 90’s. ( when they played Page 92, 93). Current HC is from you’re favorite Hohenwald school. Definitely not Cornersville of 4/5 years ago ( but neither is Cornersville ) also not Cornersville of the 30 years prior to those few good years. Are we winning a gold ball , well probably not anytime soon but in our current region alignment (2A ) , they can compete for a few years . 

Now for actual game .. Mt Pleasant definitely isn’t on a down year. They’re loaded in talent at skill positions across the field. They have 1 loss to a 5A school where the game was tied late in the 4th. Winner more than likely wins this region and has a much easier path for a couple playoff games. 

I’m still not sold on the Raiders myself but that’s because I’ve lived thru these last 30 years of mediocrity. Kind of like being a Tennessee fan currently. However I’m also old enough to remember the Alabama years of mediocrity so that lets the hope live..

8 minutes ago, utpoolman said:

No Richland is not there. But they’re closer than they’ve been since the mid 90’s. ( when they played Page 92, 93). Current HC is from you’re favorite Hohenwald school. Definitely not Cornersville of 4/5 years ago ( but neither is Cornersville ) also not Cornersville of the 30 years prior to those few good years. Are we winning a gold ball , well probably not anytime soon but in our current region alignment (2A ) , they can compete for a few years . 

Now for actual game .. Mt Pleasant definitely isn’t on a down year. They’re loaded in talent at skill positions across the field. They have 1 loss to a 5A school where the game was tied late in the 4th. Winner more than likely wins this region and has a much easier path for a couple playoff games. 

I’m still not sold on the Raiders myself but that’s because I’ve lived thru these last 30 years of mediocrity. Kind of like being a Tennessee fan currently. However I’m also old enough to remember the Alabama years of mediocrity so that lets the hope live..

Good post! The “Current HC is from you’re favorite Hohenwald school.“ made me chuckle.

Like most others, I like a feel good story. Don’t have a dog in the fight (game) but I hope Richland can pull it out. I don’t see it happening but I’m pulling for them. I can relate to that program and what they have dealt with for the longest time.

Are they pulling kids from Pulaski now? Seems years ago Pulaski was pulling kids from Richland. That was odd. Seems playing for Richland would be easier but we have like 12 high schools up here so, I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, utpoolman said:

Don't give up hope...Page won one.

9 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Good post! The “Current HC is from you’re favorite Hohenwald school.“ made me chuckle.

Like most others, I like a feel good story. Don’t have a dog in the fight (game) but I hope Richland can pull it out. I don’t see it happening but I’m pulling for them. I can relate to that program and what they have dealt with for the longest time.

Are they pulling kids from Pulaski now? Seems years ago Pulaski was pulling kids from Richland. That was odd. Seems playing for Richland would be easier but we have like 12 high schools up here so, I’m not sure.

We’ve almost stopped the bleeding away to Giles .. So that’s a huge upside. Also have youth football again , didn’t have that here for a long time . 

20 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Don't give up hope...Page won one.

How many gold balls have y’all played for? I forget.

21 hours ago, utpoolman said:

They’re loaded in talent at skill positions across the field. They have 1 loss to a 5A school where the game was tied late.

Have to be careful putting stock into a 2A school playing and even beating a 5A school. I know of a (certain) 2A school that scheduled an (oh) for 50 5A school just because they knew they could win; and they did. Big time chest pumping for them beating a big time 5A school.

I just looked at Columbia’s schedule and though they are not Spring Hill terrible, they are awfully bad. Makes me now wonder if Mount Pleasant is really any good. Their schedule shows they only beat Cascade by a touchdown and I don’t know if they have ever been any good. General chids a poster from their program so, the way they banter makes me think they are not.

Then again, this 1A region may equal the one Hohenwald is always in. Has Richland played anyone of value this year? Was the FACS team wNeeley spoke of good? Don’t know what that acronym stands for.

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

How many gold balls have y’all played for? I forget.

Have to be careful putting stock into a 2A school playing and even beating a 5A school. I know of a (certain) 2A school that scheduled an (oh) for 50 5A school just because they knew they could win; and they did. Big time chest pumping for them beating a big time 5A school.

I just looked at Columbia’s schedule and though they are not Spring Hill terrible, they are awfully bad. Makes me now wonder if Mount Pleasant is really any good. Their schedule shows they only beat Cascade by a touchdown and I don’t know if they have ever been any good. General chids a poster from their program so, the way they banter makes me think they are not.

Then again, this 1A region may equal the one Hohenwald is always in. Has Richland played anyone of value this year? Was the FACS team wNeeley spoke of good? Don’t know what that acronym stands for.

FACS was pretty meh. A competent team with a decent QB. Richland walloped Cascade though although Cascade turned the ball over quit a bit and couldn’t snap the ball confidently to the QB.

I think richland is much better at the skill positions and this is the first richland team in a while where many of the best athletes in the school are playing although there are still many of the best athletes not playing yet.