Dobyns-Bennett at Jefferson County

TribalEmpire

Jeff Co looked terrible in the special teams tonight. DB’s longest scoring drive was 48 yds. A big KOR after JC kicked it out of bounds twice, 3 horrible punts and a fumble set up scores. JC starting QB was off and then got hurt. Back up had just hurt his ankle on defense. They looked terrible on offense . DB is not very good. Can’t run the ball, QB is average at best. 1 fast WR. Run defense struggled in the second half. I don’t see any team from Region 1 making it past round 2

16 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Jeff Co looked terrible in the special teams tonight. DB’s longest scoring drive was 48 yds. A big KOR after JC kicked it out of bounds twice, 3 horrible punts and a fumble set up scores. JC starting QB was off and then got hurt. Back up had just hurt his ankle on defense. They looked terrible on offense . DB is not very good. Can’t run the ball, QB is average at best. 1 fast WR. Run defense struggled in the second half. I don’t see any team from Region 1 making it past round 2

LOL!  What a goof. You pretty much listed every excuse in the book. And then go on to knock DB for being a terrible team??? They just beat you 34-10 at your place. And most people were thinking this would be a close game. You've been wrong about everything since you first appeared on CoachT. So, after reading your post I fell a lot better about DB's chances. 

I made no excuse. JC was awful. They played 2 1/2 qrts with a back up QB who couldn’t run. No excuse, just facts. The kicking game was atrocious. I have said all year that I wasn’t impressed with JC’s opponents. Tonight was the first decent team they have played all year.

DB broke a long run and got nothing else in the run game until the last drive. I was not impressed with DB at all. Little speed and the OL got pushed around. I don’t think Region 1 is very good. I do think Region 2 is though. They might sweep 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB looked better than I was expecting tonight. I thought this one would be a touchdown or less game. But was disappointed in the penalties (7 for 109yrds.)  And that included 3 face mask calls. After last weeks only 2 penalties for 20 yards I was hoping maybe they had figured something out.  I'm just gullible sometimes. 

Refs west of Greeneville are atrocious.  Thank God we don't have to deal with anyone other than the refs we normally deal with until the playoffs now.  All those weren't on our guys tonight.  Refs were reaching for anything to make a call.

50 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

25 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

LOL!  What a goof. You pretty much listed every excuse in the book. And then go on to knock DB for being a terrible team??? They just beat you 34-10 at your place. And most people were thinking this would be a close game. You've been wrong about everything since you first appeared on CoachT. So, after reading your post I fell a lot better about DB's chances. 

I'll give him the punter excuse for sure.  Got to be right there with the Volunteer punter for worst in the state.  The Jeff County punter directly led to three scores just by the excellent field position he gave us.

Now to say we're just not that good is laughable... to take one of the top teams in the state regardless of classification to a one point defeat and honestly should have beaten them... I think we're ok.

Now the kicker... with Cleveland beating Maryville tonight, now it looks like us or the Hill will see the Rebels in round 2 possibly instead of the quarters.  I'm not convinced Jeff County even beats the Hill at this point as most predicted before the season began.

5 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I'll give him the punter excuse for sure.  Got to be right there with the Volunteer punter for worst in the state.  The Jeff County punter directly led to three scores just by the excellent field position he gave us.

Now to say we're just not that good is laughable... to take one of the top teams in the state regardless of classification to a one point defeat and honestly should have beaten them... I think we're ok.

Now the kicker... with Cleveland beating Maryville tonight, now it looks like us or the Hill will see the Rebels in round 2 possibly instead of the quarters.  I'm not convinced Jeff County even beats the Hill at this point as most predicted before the season began.

FWIW.....  I went to the Hill last week and watched them get totally dismantled by Maryville.      It is obvious this is not the same Maryville team as we are accustomed to seeing, but until someone from NET beats them my money is still on the Rebels.    However, DB is showing each week that they have a fine team so we'll see how it all plays out.

11 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

DB (and any Region 1 team) will be lucky to get out of round 1. DBs offense wasn’t impressive at all. Little speed (#0 is it), OL not dominant, QB is a statue. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

As for Greeneville, not sure how good they are right now. They struggled with Mo West

22 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

DB (and any Region 1 team) will be lucky to get out of round 1. DBs offense wasn’t impressive at all. Little speed (#0 is it), OL not dominant, QB is a statue. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

As for Greeneville, not sure how good they are right now. They struggled with Mo West

Must suck to get bounced on homecoming to a terrible team then

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

How many folks stayed for that band performance after the game... I bet nobody.  Embarrassed to get creamed by a bad team on homecoming and have the rival school come cheer against you.  Good times.

17 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Must suck to get bounced on homecoming to a terrible team then

Sucks to play that bad on offense and special teams for sure. DB never scored when they didn’t get the ball on JC side of the 50. KOR started them at the 17. Unforced fumble started them at the 18. 2 terrible punts started drives inside the 30. Not hard to score from those places