BOYS AA DISTRICT 9 PREDICTIONS

MIDTNBBALLGUY

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

That was actually a great prediction from looking at tonight’s scores.  Fairview won pretty comfortably.  Cheatham County won very comfortably.  White House Heritage won a tough road battle.  Harpeth came up short in their road trip.  The district fared well in the first round.  The Region Semifinals now look as follows:

Fairview plays White House-Heritage 

Giles County plays Cheatham County 

When do you think Fairview was comfortable - bet you ask their coach it wasn’t till very late in game 

6 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

They won 66-49.  That’s not exactly a nail biter.  Summertown (aka Burlison-ville) can get a head start on baseball season come Monday.  Maybe they’ll play Fairview sometime in May on the diamond.  

How many guys named Burlison are there in Summertown anyway? 

Evidently you didn’t watch game / best Burlesons play on girls team - might need to ask your girls team 

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

That was actually a great prediction from looking at tonight’s scores.  Fairview won pretty comfortably.  Cheatham County won very comfortably.  White House Heritage won a tough road battle.  Harpeth came up short in their road trip.  The district fared well in the first round.  The Region Semifinals now look as follows:

Fairview plays White House-Heritage 

Giles County plays Cheatham County 

What can I say, I did my research. Haha. I was off with that HHS GC score, but HHS could’ve hung in there longer. They even lead the game for a min or kept it within 5 for a little over half the game. They just couldn’t get it together on offense and GC had several players knocking down shots

3 minutes ago, BackThatPassUp said:

Just finished watching the Harpeth game. They held their own for a while. Maybe 3/4 of the game it was within 10.  Harpeth even lead just before halftime. Refs were terrible on both ends. But seemed like they favored the home crowed. Fouls were not even close. I think total was like 20+ fouls on HHS to 12- on GC. Refs were chatting it up with GC students section and laughing. That probably helped haha. But HHS couldn’t figure it out on offense and missed easy baskets. GC got hot and hit  most of their 3s in the 4th quarter. 

GC is GREAT on offense and so so on defense. Lots of holes and lanes to drive. They get good on the ball pressure but help side is terrible. They remind me of Cheatham, but less physical in the paint. They also send the small guys down the floor as soon as a shot goes up. Got 6-8 points off quick D- rebounds and throwing full court. 
I think if both teams play well, it will be a high scoring game. Cheatham pulls out a W. 

25 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

It was 11-0 before the hot dogs got warm and it was a 14 point game after 3 quarters.  If I want to talk girls basketball or talk baseball I’ll let you know.  Your basketball team got beat convincingly last night by 17 points.  Great job keeping it within 20.  

You started the baseball talk / I’ll talk state championships if want to but bet you don’t want go there 

8 hours ago, BackThatPassUp said:

BTW, I couldn’t help but notice the amkount of students at the GC game. They had a lot of support. Got me thinking how many students they have. 698! Does that mean they are going to AAA next year? 

This is correct. Same district as Franklin County, Tullahoma, Murfreesboro Magnet, Marshall County and Lawrence County.

what’s the buzz going on at Fairview?
Saw this on Twitter 

“Stop looking the other way! What are you winning? Coach McCoy has lost 3 black players in a less than a year and underutilizes his only black/brown player remaining. Zero accountability! Clearly this is the norm for the whitest & richest County in TN.”