Lake County at Haywood - Thursday night

reddyrebel6

I went to this game to put eyeballs on Haywood live before we get them 10/21 in Covington. Stayed for the first half and the Tomcats look to be as advertised.

I was most impressed with their defense. Yards were very hard to  come by for the Falcons. 

The Haywood Offense is dynamic. Speed everywhere. Those little swing passes can turn into TD’s if the defensive backs don’t make sure tackles. 

The only flaw I saw was that the Haywood kicker put several kickoffs out of bounds.

I’m not looking forward to playing Haywood. Good luck to SGC next week.

25 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Us Lake Countians know that! Good luck to you guys…get the gold!! Maybe someone give those 2 a call or pass it on…I was disgusted! Again good luck to you guys

I think it’s well known from the locals about  our broadcasters. I personally think one of our two does his best. The other is to worried about the 60’s

11 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

I think it’s well known from the locals about  our broadcasters. I personally think one of our two does his best. The other is to worried about the 60’s

Yes! Although the history is interesting, I do wish they would talk 1st half stats more during halftime or even after each quarter.  

Edited by Chargercats

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

They have been extremely rude and  disrespectful, and I'm disappointed and embarrassed.  Please accept my apologies.  Not all Tomcat fans are like that.

He is right. Don't judge Tomcat nation by a few jerks on the book of face. Most of the Tomcats fans that I have ever ran across are very humble and good folks. They are waaay better than I am. If, my team was as good as the Cats I would probably be a very cocky jerk! 

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

He is right. Don't judge Tomcat nation by a few jerks on the book of face. Most of the Tomcats fans that I have ever ran across are very humble and good folks. They are waaay better than I am. If, my team was as good as the Cats I would probably be a very cocky jerk! 

I have listened to quite a few of your broadcasts in the past, and I have never heard you belittle a player or a team.  You were always quick to compliment an opposing player who made a good play, and you showed the utmost respect for opposing teams.  That's the way it should be!

I feel so sorry for Falcon fans who couldn't or didn't make the trip.  I'm sure they were excited about being able to watch a video stream only to have that excitement ruined by the comments our broadcasters made.  I know that both of them know better.  They should realize that the fans of opposing teams might be listening to their broadcast as well.  You never know who might be listening in and what kind of image you may be projecting for our community and team.

I'm thankful we have a video stream, but the commentary could be a lot more professional and unbiased.

Haywood's game is over this week, and SGC is open.  It's not too early to get the chatter going @ManOfMillions.  Start a thread!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I have listened to quite a few of your broadcasts in the past, and I have never heard you belittle a player or a team.  You were always quick to compliment an opposing player who made a good play, and you showed the utmost respect for opposing teams.  That's the way it should be!

I feel so sorry for Falcon fans who couldn't or didn't make the trip.  I'm sure they were excited about being able to watch a video stream only to have that excitement ruined by the comments our broadcasters made.  I know that both of them know better.  They should realize that the fans of opposing teams might be listening to their broadcast as well.  You never know who might be listening in and what kind of image you may be projecting for our community and team.

I'm thankful we have a video stream, but the commentary could be a lot more professional and unbiased.

Haywood's game is over this week, and SGC is open.  It's not too early to get the chatter going @ManOfMillions.  Start a thread!

Fair. I always tried to call it just like I saw it. If a player makes a play, just compliment it and move on. It is really hard to be neutral when you are an absolute homer like myself. I know that broadcasting a game is WAY WAY harder than most folks think. When I first started doing it, I thought I would just pick the mic up and start talking. ( I was awful at it ) WRONG! Being a great broadcaster is extremely challenging. People have 0 idea what goes on during a production. When I got done broadcasting a good game I would be absolutely exhausted. It was a labor of love for myself, but I will not make excuses for anyone else. It probably comes more natural to others than it did for me, but I agree with your comments about the opposing teams. I always felt like I was representing SGC and my home when I was covering a game. I knew that my words, and thoughts would be on the internet forever and that was always in the back of my mind when I was talking. I am not sure what was said by the broadcaster(s), but I will not criticize them because I did not listen to it. I have been working. 

@stacmot You mentioned something about a game next Friday for SGC. What? I did not know we had a game? :-D  J/K.   Sheww... I will have to be well rested for this one! All in good fun.