Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Well… I didn’t see 42 coming, but everyone thought I was crazy with 31. The lean on you until you break. 

I’d take that 42 with a grain of salt. I saw Springfield playing JV kids early in the 4th quarter while Beech didn’t sub on offense until their last couple of series. Being up 35-10 on the opponent’s 15 with 1:20 left you could take a knee on one play and the game is over. I get kids that don’t get to play much want to score , and we have to learn to stop them. Kids can also be taught the classy thing to do too. I’ll just leave it at that. 

Maybe I’m a little bitter because of the last score. I knew when I saw #7 in street clothes we would have a tough time winning, and then when Crenshaw went down the team fell flat and actually appeared to quit for part of the third quarter. Beech was the better team tonight. Congrats on the win @eers  

2 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I’d take that 42 with a grain of salt. I saw Springfield playing JV kids early in the 4th quarter while Beech didn’t sub on offense until their last couple of series. Being up 35-10 on the opponent’s 15 with 1:20 left you could take a knee on one play and the game is over. I get kids that don’t get to play much want to score , and we have to learn to stop them. Kids can also be taught the classy thing to do too. I’ll just leave it at that. 

Maybe I’m a little bitter because of the last score. I knew when I saw #7 in street clothes we would have a tough time winning, and then when Crenshaw went down the team fell flat and actually appeared to quit for part of the third quarter. Beech was the better team tonight. Congrats on the win @eers  

Perhaps you’re right on the last score, but that was one of our freshmen RBs with backups.  AND the touchdown Springfield scored was on the Beech 2s, so there’s that. I guess my point is, the run game wears you down over the course of 4 quarters. 

Either way thank you. 

5 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

no excuses. Beech was better.  I think we keep it closer with #14 and #7 in the game.  Devon going down seem to take the wind out of our sails.  Beech still would win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eers said:

Perhaps you’re right on the last score, but that was one of our freshmen RBs with backups.  AND the touchdown Springfield scored was on the Beech 2s, so there’s that. I guess my point is, the run game wears you down over the course of 4 quarters. 

Either way thank you. 

No worries, like I said I’m just a little bitter. The run game does wear on you. FWIW, the kid 88 that popped out last score is a freshman too. 

4 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

no excuses. Beech was better.  I think we keep it closer with #14 and #7 in the game.  Devon going down seem to take the wind out of our sails.  Beech still would win

I agree it would be closer, but I don’t think the Springfield defense can play 4 quarters with Beech.

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I was right there with you lol

This team has improved drastically over the course of the year. Johnson has emerged as a very good RB and the guys up front are playing very well. I just really felt like they would wear down a smaller Springfield team. 

Just now, eers said:

This team has improved drastically over the course of the year. Johnson has emerged as a very good RB and the guys up front are playing very well. I just really felt like they would wear down a smaller Springfield team. 

Typical of a Beech team. Gets better as the year goes on.

MJ could use some advice 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Typical of a Beech team. Gets better as the year goes on.

MJ could use some advice 

Crabtree and Co typically have them ready come playoff time. 6A will be tough, but the way things have been happening lately, anything is possible. Maryville lost to Cleveland. Oakland lost to CPA. Ravenwood lost to Centennial. Not sure anyone saw any of those coming.