Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

50 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Hope the Crenshaw kid is alright. Any update?

Once he went out Springfield looked like a bad team. I know Beech is a good football team, but Springfield looked out of it after the injury. The 2nd half was ugly! If Crenshaw plays I still give Beech the win but it's close. The real question is can Springfield beat Portland without him? They have them next week?

Henry Vs. Mt Juliet semifinals 

My honest assesment is, I believe our defense can keep us in that game, but not sure about the offense just yet. I will say I was encouraged by how our backup QB played against a good defense, only having limited snaps. We will just have to wait and see, I have not heard anything about how bad the injury is for Crenshaw...

30 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Crenshaw’s mother posted on Facebook that the trainer thinks it was a sprained A/C joint and would only need rehab. They will know more Saturday morning. 

I think Springfield can win out in the regular season even w/o Crenshaw, especially having two weeks to get ready for Portland. 

Yeah I agree they could win out without him, it would just be a little more difficult. That time is critical however for Crenshaw and his WRs, I feel like they are on the verge of stepping the passing game up another level...

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

My honest assesment is, I believe our defense can keep us in that game, but not sure about the offense just yet. I will say I was encouraged by how our backup QB played against a good defense, only having limited snaps. We will just have to wait and see, I have not heard anything about how bad the injury is for Crenshaw...

I watched Portland in person and they’re not very good. They have a few good players, but I would be shocked if the make it a game… without Crenshaw. 

13 minutes ago, eers said:

I watched Portland in person and they’re not very good. They have a few good players, but I would be shocked if the make it a game… without Crenshaw. 

Yeah, I initially thought they had improved, but have also felt they do not seem to be very good. I feel good about our coaches being able to get them ready with 2 weeks to do so reguardless who takes the snaps. I feel we win the game either way, it is just a matter of how much depending on if we have Crenshaw or not...

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Yeah, I initially thought they had improved, but have also felt they do not seem to be very good. I feel good about our coaches being able to get them ready with 2 weeks to do so reguardless who takes the snaps. I feel we win the game either way, it is just a matter of how much depending on if we have Crenshaw or not...

I don’t think it will matter at all. It will be a boat race. They’re not very good. 

2 minutes ago, eers said:

That would be my plan. Hopefully he’s back and available if needed.  I didn’t think the backup was bad. 

we are third in the Region right now.  We are looking up at Red and Portland.  I personally would like us to come in second so we get one home game in the playoffs before hitting the road

14 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

we are third in the Region right now.  We are looking up at Red and Portland.  I personally would like us to come in second so we get one home game in the playoffs before hitting the road

After seeing both in person, I don’t think Portland can compete with Springfield. 

47 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Like I said earlier, I think we can win out without Devon. Giving our coaches two weeks to scheme for Portland is huge. We may even see some wildcat action that night. Northwest I don’t think could win against our JV.