Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

28 minutes ago, eers said:

I think Beech was the better team that night, but frankly gave the game away. They have settled in and are playing much better football. I don’t think it should have been close that night, much less a loss. Not ripping on Farragut, just think Beech is better. 

Gave the game away and shouldn't have been close? Come on now eers, I watched the game and it was two great teams going at it in week one.  Beech gave up 417 yards of offense 211 through the air and 206 on the ground.  Beech even took the lead 21-17 with 6 min to go int the third, Farragut responded five minutes later with a 35-yard touchdown pass to claim a 24-21 lead after 36 minutes.Courtney scored only 10 seconds into the 4th for a 28-24 advantage, but two minutes later, the Admirals took the lead for good on Gibbs’ second touchdown run of the night after a 63 yard pass to set it up.  it was 31-28 and you all had the ball with a little less than 10 min left and couldn't score with Farragut coming up with two 4th quarter stops.

Farragut has gotten better as the season has progressed also and you thinking Beech is 3td better than Farragut has you looking through orange and blue glasses.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

I think Beech was the better team that night, but frankly gave the game away. They have settled in and are playing much better football. I don’t think it should have been close that night, much less a loss. Not ripping on Farragut, just think Beech is better. 

I would say that 3tds IS ripping on Farragut. Spin it how you wish.

1 minute ago, eers said:

We can call it whatever you like, but there is ZERO chance Beech gives up 400 yards to then again. 

I like what I call it…. Beech hasn’t faired well when they have travelled to East TN in recent memory. IMO they should have gotten beat at home last year by Farragut with ALL the talent they had.

Just now, Fandom101 said:

I like what I call it…. Beech hasn’t faired well when they have travelled to East TN in recent memory. IMO they should have gotten beat at home last year by Farragut with ALL the talent they had.

I thought the same thing after that game. Beech won one they shouldn’t have, as did Farragut this year.