Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

37-14, fever dream? That was game 2 for both of us. HC made tons of mistakes. Beech was the beneficiary of a deflected pass on your end of the field. Beech also got a ball downed when it went over our punters head, on your end of the field. HC could have and should have won that game. 37-14 and here I thought you were a stand up guy. 37-14:roflolk:

Don't you know Beech is a 3 TD favorite over anyone, even against schools they already lost to and gave up over 400 yards to.  But hey "Beech was the better team that night, but frankly gave the game away" :rolleyes::lol:

1 hour ago, eers said:

Yeah, I missed that one, but I did get the W/L right. I also came back and admitted I missed it and has not given Springfield enough credit.

Go ahead and admit it, when it was 14-0 you were thinking I was going to be spot on with the score too

I admit I was starting to squirm some in my stadium seat

51 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Don't you know Beech is a 3 TD favorite over anyone, even against schools they already lost to and gave up over 400 yards to.  But hey "Beech was the better team that night, but frankly gave the game away" :rolleyes::lol:

Right… because the better team never loses. Got it. I’m still trying to learn about this foosball. 

17 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Eers, I respect you and what you have to say on this platform as much as anyone else on here. You call it like you see it. 
That being said, I hope the Jackets beat your boys Friday night. It’s going to be tough, and I’d make a prediction if I knew which Springfield team was going to show up, LOL. 

13 hours ago, eers said:

Thank you my friend, I feel the same way. 

I know sometimes I ruffle feathers, but I always try to give an honest assessment. I’m right sometimes. I’m wrong sometimes. I never try to upset people, though sometimes my opinions seem to offend them. 

Friday I expect a physical game, with good sportsmanship, from two well coached teams and excited fans bases.

That said, I stand behind my prediction…

BHS 31

SHS 14

8-)

@JacketLover and I have talked several times about our respect  for you and your level headed approach.  BUT 31 points on the Jackets D with a heavy run game is IMHO a bit of a stretch

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Right… because the better team never loses. Got it. I’m still trying to learn about this foosball. 

On that given night Beech wasn't the better team, I hate to burst your bubble.  Beech had two possession after Farragut took the lead and they couldn't score and gave up over 400 yards of offense.  I'm not even a Farragut fan just watched the game of two really good teams going after it and a realist not looking through orange and blue glasses with Quotes of " I don’t think it should have been close that night, much less a loss." "if Beech and Farragut played again right now, Beech wins by 3 TDs.". 

You're acting like Beech is the only team that gets better throughout the season and want to claim 3TD victories now against a team that has given you your only loss.  Farragut's only losses have came against 6th ranked Maryville (Didn't beat Farragut by 3TD's) and #1 ranked Knox West in 5a (Arguably the 2nd best public school team in the state behind Oakland).

17 minutes ago, Swipes said:

On that given night Beech wasn't the better team, I hate to burst your bubble.  Beech had two possession after Farragut took the lead and they couldn't score and gave up over 400 yards of offense.  I'm not even a Farragut fan just watched the game of two really good teams going after it and a realist not looking through orange and blue glasses with Quotes of " I don’t think it should have been close that night, much less a loss." "if Beech and Farragut played again right now, Beech wins by 3 TDs.". 

You're acting like Beech is the only team that gets better throughout the season and want to claim 3TD victories now against a team that has given you your only loss.  Farragut's only losses have came against 6th ranked Maryville (Didn't beat Farragut by 3TD's) and #1 ranked Knox West in 5a (Arguably the 2nd best public school team in the state behind Oakland).

We can disagree and that’s ok. I felt Beech was the better team, but Farragut won. I also said I thought if they played AGAIN. I’m in no way saying other teams don’t get better, but if the same team that played at Farragut went to Henry County the next week, we would have lost by 2-3 scores. That night was a failed attempt (obviously) to run a new defense. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

As I will admit I was a bit surprised when they came back. I definitely underestimated the Jackets. 

Weeeeeeeell, no one seems to remember Henry County’s Defense held the jackets in check a whole half and pretty much only after 2 guys on our defense got hurt on back to back plays the jackets where able to exploit a couple of 2nd string players they were finally able to get something going. 

1 minute ago, RollRed said:

Weeeeeeeell, no one seems to remember Henry County’s Defense held the jackets in check a whole half and pretty much only after 2 guys on our defense got hurt on back to back plays the jackets where able to exploit a couple of 2nd string players they were finally able to get something going. 

So you’re telling me I was closer to be correct than it looks? :roflol:

9 minutes ago, eers said:

So you’re telling me I was closer to be correct than it looks? :roflol:

I don’t know about all that, can’t remember your prediction. It’s just everyone acts like Springfield made a miraculous comeback in the 2nd half. You can rewatch the 2nd. After Conroy got hurt on the line the next play was right for the 2nd player. Boyd stepped up and made a huge tackle on Crenshaw flipping him end over end, but Boyd got injured. After that most of the runs where through that hole. Without that it looked like the jackets where gonna get left with a 0 at home again. 

18 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I don’t know about all that, can’t remember your prediction. It’s just everyone acts like Springfield made a miraculous comeback in the 2nd half. You can rewatch the 2nd. After Conroy got hurt on the line the next play was right for the 2nd player. Boyd stepped up and made a huge tackle on Crenshaw flipping him end over end, but Boyd got injured. After that most of the runs where through that hole. Without that it looked like the jackets where gonna get left with a 0 at home again. 

Yes, it was a miracle