Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

Just an example .. our senior qb left for another school, before the season started. His replacement  had never started a game at Oak Ridge and ended up with a broken hand. His replacement is a junior that has never started a varsity game. His    backup would be a freshman. It's like that all over the team, injuries with the backups being inexperienced underclassmen. But they still show up and play the game.

And Have

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bounder said:

Just an example .. our senior qb left for another school, before the season started. His replacement  had never started a game at Oak Ridge and ended up with a broken hand. His replacement is a junior that has never started a varsity game. His    backup would be a freshman. It's like that all over the team, injuries with the backups being inexperienced underclassmen. But they still show up and play the game.

And Have

WILDCAT PRIDE

Tough luck is never good in football, but I have always admired the next man up mentality.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bounder said:

And Have

WILDCAT PRIDE

I thought QB was dismissed from the team?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Scheduling Greeneville for a home and home in week 8 could just be the dumbest scheduling move in the history of scheduling.  Just sayin'  And before somebody bashes Cummings for the schedule, he had nothing to do with this schedule. He inherited it.

I felt like this a year ago but many of you have changed my mind. So let me get this straight...Oak Ridgers now don't want to play good teams?

15 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Talking about players being out is not an excuse but a fact.The only reason it has been talked about so much is because of how many injuries to key players there has been.Not many schools at all could overcome that.Imagine having a month or so to teach your system to some high school kids.Then imagine since jamboree having to mix and match new players on top of teaching a new system and new way of doing things.Besides all that most of the players you are teaching have never played meaningful snaps.On top of that trying to improve a team that was even worse last year.There is so much more involved than saying we have 3 or 4 talented guys and should beat a machine like Greenville.You have lived in fantasy land all yr and been wrong every week.Instead of admitting you are wrong you make excuses and blame everything but you

Listening and reading Oak Ridge fans making "factual" excuses has become nauseating and sad. All excuses are excuses and they all stink. I hope players don't read this garbage.

12 hours ago, bounder said:

And Have

WILDCAT PRIDE

Ad nauseam...

16 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I think I know where you are going with this. We got hurt just like everybody else. So why are we whining and not sucking it up instead?

I don't know why.

Willie, you don’t know. Was it poor conditioning, lack of stretching, too much hitting, poor drills or just too much bad luck. All teams have injuries, but when you have excessive injuries a good coaching staff evaluates and tries to straighten that ship. Sometimes it is totally out of a coaching staff’s control.

5 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Willie, you don’t know. Was it poor conditioning, lack of stretching, too much hitting, poor drills or just too much bad luck. All teams have injuries, but when you have excessive injuries a good coaching staff evaluates and tries to straighten that ship. Sometimes it is totally out of a coaching staff’s control.

9 hours ago, noonesfool said:

How do Oak Ridge fans think the Cats will approach The Devils? Most people get caught up the skilled and perimeter players. The Devils have those, but GHS is extremely talented, athletic and strong on both sides of the line.

Most of the injuries have been crazy stuff.2  different players with broke collerbones.One of those I still dont know how it happened as he was defending a pass in jamboree..One player with internal bleeding and then pulled hammy 1st half back last week.The starter from last yr was let go.The new starter left the LC game with concussion and then showed up with broke hand.2 players have missed a game because of ejection one of those was not justified.Starting tackle was returning from torn ACL last yr and had some problems right before season started.The other tackle was on show tonight and will miss game this week.One of the good RBs missed 2 or 3 games with ankle.Starting MLB tore ACL couple of weeks ago.And I could go on.So not your normal 1 or 2 injuries that happen in high school football.But on to your other question I heard our coach talking about how great yall are upfront on both sides.On the coaches show even made a point to let everybody know that is where our program will be eventually .Talked about the strength program and how good yall can run the ball.I see us trying to run the ball and slow the game down.With new QB and a banged up Oline we really dont have a lot of options.But being non region maybe he tries some things we wouldnt expect.Having good skill guys is great but watching Greenville dominate upfront is something some fans need to see.Its everthing if you wanna be really good.Ill be down on the fence and look forward to meeting some of the Greenville fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2