Trousdale at Gordonsville

Speeding2Live

16 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

No need to keep creating these threads for the Trousdale games. It’s hard to believe but yes they are pitiful this year. Gordy is 2-32 against the jackets since 1987 but will get win number three next Friday night. Enjoy.   

It's crazy to think all the good teams that have come through Gordonsville only 2 wins in the last 34 games. That just gives you an idea of the choke hold Trousdale has had for so many years on 1A/2A football in this area.

I see where Trousdales youth football teams are a combined 14-1 this year so help is on the way. It's just currently in 1st - 6th grade. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

No need to keep creating these threads for the Trousdale games. It’s hard to believe but yes they are pitiful this year. Gordy is 2-32 against the jackets since 1987 but will get win number three next Friday night. Enjoy.   

That record isn't entirely accurate. There were some years they didn't play when TC was 3A, so the loss total is less by about 4 games. Either way, TC has been dominant. However, there have been many very close and good games in that time frame.

1 hour ago, Speeding2Live said:

Gordonsville hasn't won this game since 2016, but that looks to change this year. I wasn't impressed with the Gordonsville/Jo Byrns score but I think this game is decided by halftime.

The Gville/JB score was way closer than it should've been, but there some reasons for that. Mainly, JB's gameplan. They wanted to run the clock and they did. I think Gville had 3 possessions each half. They scored easily on their first 2. I think the 3rd ended on 4th down inside the 10. In the 2nd half we were eat up by penalties, and the 3rd possession of the 2nd half was when we took a knee.

38 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

It's crazy to think all the good teams that have come through Gordonsville only 2 wins in the last 34 games. That just gives you an idea of the choke hold Trousdale has had for so many years on 1A/2A football in this area.

I see where Trousdales youth football teams are a combined 14-1 this year so help is on the way. It's just currently in 1st - 6th grade. 

I don't know if the TC faithful can wait that long, because I don't see the talent pool getting any better until then. They may can coach them up, but lack of that seems to be complaints now, so...

5 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

The Gville/JB score was way closer than it should've been, but there some reasons for that. Mainly, JB's gameplan. They wanted to run the clock and they did. I think Gville had 3 possessions each half. They scored easily on their first 2. I think the 3rd ended on 4th down inside the 10. In the 2nd half we were eat up by penalties, and the 3rd possession of the 2nd half was when we took a knee.

Thanks for some explanation on that. I was wondering what happened after the first two possessions. Croz any injuries to speak of.

9 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Thanks for some explanation on that. I was wondering what happened after the first two possessions. Croz any injuries to speak of.

We should be as healthy this week as we've been all year. We've had several injuries throughout the preseason and the earlier part of the season, but we're healing up.

14 hours ago, croz6110 said:

That record isn't entirely accurate. There were some years they didn't play when TC was 3A, so the loss total is less by about 4 games. Either way, TC has been dominant. However, there have been many very close and good games in that time frame.

Correct.  Looking back at the records, they didn’t play from 01-04 but played twice in 2005 regular season and second round playoffs. And Gordy won in 1988. So I think thats 3-28 since 1987.  Soon to be 4-28.