1A AP Poll Entering Week 8

PHSRollTide

30 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Winning is a combination of skill and luck. It isn’t black and white 

Won’t disagree with you, but I have to say SP earned that one in 2021. It was the most unlikely of scenarios. The west had more talent than SP last season for sure. The stars aligned I guess for once for SP as the big underdog.  This year the west should win it all. That combined team in Memphis has no excuses not to win it. You can’t ask for a better setup than they got. 

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

So only one player from MASE is good enough to start on this football team ? I think the way people look at it is you have a  good 2A team and you combine the team with a 1A team and you get to move down a class. This has nothing to with the kids its not their fault it is a TSSAA problem. It would be the same say if Huntingdon closed and all their football  players went to McKenzie but the rest of the students went to West Carroll and Bruceton &  Mckenzie still remained a 1A in football . I guarantee you all the surrounding school's would be pitching a fit 

Facts only one sir!!

They where 2-8 or 3-7 last everybody’s homecoming!

Edited by WildBill2388

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

MASE opponents records thus far.  

0-7

4-2

1-5

2-3

1-4

8 wins total   21 losses

The schedule was made before the new coaching staff got their. So they had what was scheduled!

That’s why they scrimmage Germantown and Lausanne to try to get a measuring stick.

Dont think they don’t know what their schedule is.

2 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

The schedule was made before the new coaching staff got their. So they had what was scheduled!

That’s why they scrimmage Germantown and Lausanne to try to get a measuring stick.

I am sure they do.  You can't fault the region they are in.  That is a TSSAA mess.  But, how will they handle a little adversity when they aren't blowing someone out?  Or, when they are down by a touchdown or two?  Scrimmages don't tell the tell. That is just an opportunity to hit someone else and let your team fight for starting positions.  You can't measure your team on pre-season scrimmages.  Kind of like 7 on 7.  Really doesn't measure a whole lot since the QB's have all the time in the world to throw without a fear of getting hit. 

21 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Won’t disagree with you, but I have to say SP earned that one in 2021. It was the most unlikely of scenarios. The west had more talent than SP last season for sure. The stars aligned I guess for once for SP as the big underdog.  This year the west should win it all. That combined team in Memphis has no excuses not to win it. You can’t ask for a better setup than they got. 

Two turnovers cost McKenzie...partly. Well, one fumble and a fumble/takeaway.  SP got us out of our game plan until the 4th quarter, and it was too late then. But I give credit to SP.  They did what they had to do and won the game. It was a great game. 

25 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

And playing players that should have been disciplined for fighting on a basketball court.  Oh wait ya'll didn't win 

Apparently you’ve never been in a field house or are a woman. 17 year old boys I’m not even sure if at 18 a boys brain is fully developed yet :roflolk:

Edited by Tide21

17 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Facts only one sir!!

They where 2-8 or 3-7 last everybody’s homecoming!

wow they replaced the whole football team u have to feel bad for the kids that put the work in at MASE last year and now they don't get to play win or lose they were still getting to play football

30 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

You guys played and won no fault in that 

20 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

You can’t see the forrest for the trees 

21 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I am sure they do.  You can't fault the region they are in.  That is a TSSAA mess.  But, how will they handle a little adversity when they aren't blowing someone out?  Or, when they are down by a touchdown or two?  Scrimmages don't tell the tell. That is just an opportunity to hit someone else and let your team fight for starting positions.  You can't measure your team on pre-season scrimmages.  Kind of like 7 on 7.  Really doesn't measure a whole lot since the QB's have all the time in the world to throw without a fear of getting hit. 

Same kids from last year MAHS team before !

Huntington was up 7-0 till the fourth quarter!

They can handle it!

I see your point!

• Like 1