1A AP Poll Entering Week 8

PHSRollTide

19 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Apparently you’ve never been in a field house or are a woman. 17 year old boys I’m not even sure if at 18 a boys brain is fully developed yet :roflolk:

I understand the actions of a 17-18 year old completely. I just make sure me and mine understand their are consequences to the decision whether good or bad. 
don’t want to jump back down this rabbit hole with you. Agree to disagree

12 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Facts only one sir!!

They where 2-8 or 3-7 last everybody’s homecoming!

You said that there is just one player that gets significant playing time from that 2-8 team. To me that means last year is a moot point… it’s “different” more talented kids. They haven’t given up a TD since the last game last year that they lost by 60. I just don’t understand how you guys just magically got all the talented football players and no other students, really? How many girls enrolled at MASE? Where did the un-athletic kids enroll at? You can’t tell me or anyone else on this site the MAHS coach didn’t handpick the kids he brought with him to win because he knew the talent was there to compete in 1A. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

You said that there is just one player that gets significant playing time from that 2-8 team. To me that means last year is a moot point… it’s “different” more talented kids. They haven’t given up a TD since the last game last year that they lost by 60. I just don’t understand how you guys just magically got all the talented football players and no other students, really? How many girls enrolled at MASE? Where did the un-athletic kids enroll at? You can’t tell me or anyone else on this site the MAHS coach didn’t handpick the kids he brought with him to win because he knew the talent was there to compete in 1A. 

I am curious how MCS works. MASE enrollment grew from 341 to 378 from 2020 to 2022. That’s only 37 kids. MAHS had 381 students. If my math is right, there is 344 other students that had to go somewhere. Do they have to go to the closest school when a school closes? What would be the closest school to MAHS?

13 minutes ago, Waker said:

I am curious how MCS works. MASE enrollment grew from 341 to 378 from 2020 to 2022. That’s only 37 kids. MAHS had 381 students. If my math is right, there is 344 other students that had to go somewhere. Do they have to go to the closest school when a school closes? What would be the closest school to MAHS?

MASE is a charter school. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

All the starters didn’t go to MASE sir!

They had a choice to go any where they wanted to some at Central Trezevant Raleigh Egypt Craigmont Bolton and Overton. MAHS had a team of 45 kids 11 SR only 14 came to MASE along with a bunch of regular students who’s parents wanted to stay in a charter school setting. 
They schedule is horrible it only takes  a few players to win in this memphis 1A league

27 minutes ago, Waker said:

When they announced the school was closing it went from 381 to about 230 in less than a month!

On 10/4/2022 at 3:51 PM, Tide21 said:

It sounded good when I typed it ? :mrgreen:

Heck we beat Milan as bad as Alcoa did.  Watcha mean dude.  Oh I could be wrong on the year.  But I know one of those years we could have been competitive with the university of Alcoa.  It's unlikely we would beat them but Covington gave them all they wanted in the year Milan beat them and we handled a good Milan team.  Just my 3 cents

Edited by BeQuiet

6 hours ago, WildBill2388 said:

Memphis all stars is Joke this the same team that left MAHS ain’t no all star team the school closed. 
If MAHS was still open the record would still be the same as is now! So stop bs about an star team same kids from last year team nothing added.

It’s one player from MASE last year team that is starting everybody is from MAHS or incoming 9th grade! 

MAHS would have beat the brakes off Lake County last year so stop it with the nonsense.

MAHS didn’t play nobody last year either but Huntington did and left with a lost!

If they were still open they'd be AA.

6 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

So only one player from MASE is good enough to start on this football team ? I think the way people look at it is you have a  good 2A team and you combine the team with a 1A team and you get to move down a class. This has nothing to with the kids its not their fault it is a TSSAA problem. It would be the same say if Huntingdon closed and all their football  players went to McKenzie but the rest of the students went to West Carroll and Bruceton &  Mckenzie still remained a 1A in football . I guarantee you all the surrounding school's would be pitching a fit 

Exactly.

5 hours ago, WildBill2388 said:

All the starters didn’t go to MASE sir!

They had a choice to go any where they wanted to some at Central Trezevant Raleigh Egypt Craigmont Bolton and Overton. MAHS had a team of 45 kids 11 SR only 14 came to MASE along with a bunch of regular students who’s parents wanted to stay in a charter school setting. 
They schedule is horrible it only takes  a few players to win in this memphis 1A league

But 15 startes ended up at Mase?.Or think what the Memphis paper said.

Edited by mrbigster