Class AA, Region 3 vs Region 4 potential playoff matchups.

kingofthenorth

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Since region games weren't played on Friday then it didn't do much for the tie breakers except for the overall record. It's going to come down to the wire this Friday.

I see things a little different than dadof2, but he could be right. 

Tyner is 1 and Tellico is out.

If Meigs and Polk win then Meigs is 2, Polk is 3, Jasper is 4. Bledsoe is out.

If Meigs and Bledsoe win then Bledsoe is 2, Meigs is 3, Polk is 4. Jasper is out.

If Jasper and Polk win then Polk is 2, Jasper is 3, Bledsoe 4 and Meigs is out.

Finally, if Jasper and Bledsoe win then Jasper is 2, Bledsoe is 3, Meigs is 4. Polk is out.

Either way, if this is right or wrong, this will be one of the most interesting regions to pay attention to on Friday night because all 4 of those teams control their own playoff hopes. Win and you're in. Lose and you have to rely on someone else to help you back in.

Your probably right, there’s a lot of scenarios. After seeing both teams I think Bledsoe will take care of Polk at home, and Meigs and Marion could go ether way, but I’m leaning towards Meigs at home, I believe the physical play of Meigs will be the difference in the game but Meigs will have to limit the big plays, and Meigs defense has gotten better each week, they did hold Tyner to their lowest score of the season besides Alcoa.