BAMA TENNESSEE 2022

GeneralForrest

2 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks the LSU game was so key. Tennessee wants Bama every year. Vols could come into the game 0-5 and still want Bama. If you pull the upset, it makes your season. Just like Auburn is always going to want Bama even this year when things are looking very bleak for them. 

My mom is a huge Vols fan we go back and forth picking at each other but I honestly will be pulling for TN this Saturday. Not only because I like pulling for the underdogs but I sure would love to see the smile on her face if they do pull the upset. It’s going to be tough job to do but there’s always a chance especially in college football.  

19 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

My mom is a huge Vols fan we go back and forth picking at each other but I honestly will be pulling for TN this Saturday. Not only because I like pulling for the underdogs but I sure would love to see the smile on her face if they do pull the upset. It’s going to be tough job to do but there’s always a chance especially in college football.  

Nice thing to say. Hope your mother gets a Volunteer Victory. This at least proves she tried to raise you right. What happened? lol ;)

Kidding aside, I've known many good Vandy folks. Still hoping for that Florida upset. :thumb:

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:19 PM, tradertwo said:

Analytics say so

'Bama has six preseason all Americans...Tennessee has zero.

'Bama has the top recruiting class three of the last four years, and the lone year they didn't they were third...Tennessee's best is third, worst is 18'th. 

Tennessee's best asset is their offensive playbook, as well as the pace of offensive snaps. That's a detriment to their defense...lots of time on the field.

Recruiting rankings are mostly hog wash. Preseason rankings are also mostly hog wash.

6 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Recruiting rankings are mostly hog wash. Preseason rankings are also mostly hog wash.

While I somewhat agree with you about preseason rankings, you are way off base about recruiting rankings. If you look at the past ten years recruiting rankings you will see a DIRECT relationship between recruiting  rankings and football success. 

There are exceptions but mostly recruiting rankings do matter. As Tennessee continues to recruit at a higher level you will undoubtedly see better on-field success. Just facts 

Edited by MondaymornQB
misspelling

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

This is not a normal year where Bama looks like an NFL team and Tennessee is looking at a 4-8, 5-7 type year