BAMA TENNESSEE 2022

GeneralForrest

5 hours ago, THE KING said:

They're band jumpers.  Little and his dad  switched because vols have been a dumpster for years.  No one who is born here and spent all their life here should pull for bama, Georgia, the gators or anyone else.  It's called loyalty.  It seems no one can define that these days <_<

Stupid post

I shared this on another thread. Wanted to give others a chance to see it. I did not write it, but I largely agree with its sentiments. Weigh in T'ers...

Everything I write in blogs, say on podcasts or tweet is based on fact and my observations of on-field performance. I have been called negative and pessimistic, but I’m neither. I’m a realist. And here’s some real news: My team hasn't won a championship. They have underachieved many times over the years, have created inadequate rosters, underspent when they could have put themselves over the top, have hired and extended the wrong coach and have generally half-(butted) their way to getting their next championship. It has resulted in zero championships.

I want my team to win. Every day. Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen. But what has happened these last few years has been hard to watch, knowing how much time and money I invest into an organization that hasn’t equally invested in their fans. If the way I write, talk or tweet about the team is upsetting, it’s likely because you’re an enormous homer who thinks the team can do no wrong and should be praised even when they’re not meeting expectations. And that’s exactly what this core has done, and what this organization has done. 

Everyone has their own way of being a fan. There’s no such thing as being a good fan or a bad fan.  If you’re a fan who believes your team is always acting in the best interest of the on-field product, great. If you’re a fan who thinks your coach/AD is batting 1.000 in his career in scheme and in-game decisions, awesome. If you’re a fan who watches a little bit here and there and waits to be locked in until the postseason, wonderful. If you’re a fan who thinks everyone should be benched and fired, superb. If you’re a fan who hates analytics and thinks stats and only team wins and losses matter, good for you. If you’re a fan who needs to have analytics 101 open during each game and would rather their team lead the league in this or that analytic than actual wins, that’s cool too.

Again, there’s no such thing as a good fan or a bad, and however you want to consume this team or any team is fine. In the end, all fans are irrationally tied to a group of millionaires (or students) who likely share contrasting views to you on the world, economics, politics, vaccines and life, playing a game no fan has control over.

So who cares how you root or enjoy or hate-watch your team? The whole concept of being a fan at its core is ridiculous. I know at its core the whole idea of being a  fan is ridiculous. Yet, it still bothers me to my core when they lose.

I realize it’s not healthy for the result of a  game to determine my mood and general well-being on a daily basis for six or seven months, and then have the team’s handling of the offseason affect those two things the other months. It’s ridiculous. It’s silly. It’s illogical. It’s unhealthy. But it’s who I am.

For me as a fan, I expect my team to be great. That’s how I consume them. It might be unreasonable, but I grew up on them being great/pursuing greatness, and believe they should still be. My tone in my writing, my words and my tweets is based on the foundation of wanting them to win. Winning the region isn’t good enough. Winning a postseason round isn’t good enough. Winning the 2nd round isn’t good enough. Reaching the semis isn’t good enough. Winning the Gold Ball is the only thing that’s good enough and this current team’s window to do that is being held up a stack of unread books.

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/267177-thoughts-on-being-a-fan/&do=findComment&comment=4260983

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

They're band jumpers.  Little and his dad  switched because vols have been a dumpster for years.  No one who is born here and spent all their life here should pull for bama, Georgia, the gators or anyone else.  It's called loyalty.  It seems no one can define that these days <_<

Hey Big Guy, been pulling for Bama well before you were born....Kids from every state on every college team. Don't need a lecture on loyalty  either