Karns vs Oak Ridge...Thursday Night Rivalry

OR much better job tonight.  Execution was better on offense, ran the football well, both Hundley and Dozier had good nights.  I thought Karns defense was beset by poor tackling, which killed them tonight. Bishop was good for Karns, runs hard, breaks tackles and good open field speed. OR dbs took bad angles on him his first TD run and he ran by them. OR defense got after the QB enough to disrupt their passing game, although he did have a couple of nice runs for first downs. Karns came with a barrel full of tricks, fake punts, short kickoffs etc. All in all a good night for the Wildcats, a sorely needed win,  Now the trip to the land of the Indians, whose only loss was a 21-20 missed two point try against Greeneville. OR has had the tougher schedule no doubt, but will that translate into a tight game in Kingsport. Looking forward to Pals and seeing another game in J. Fred. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Taylor needs to be relieved of his coaching duties for letting the clock run out especially when you have a guy in your backfield that has an 85 yard run already tonight. 

Yea, I was there and handing it off to Bishop when he almost never fumbles would not have been risky at all and the guy might go the distance. He's a sight to see.

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

OR much better job tonight.  Execution was better on offense, ran the football well, both Hundley and Dozier had good nights.  I thought Karns defense was beset by poor tackling, which killed them tonight. Bishop was good for Karns, runs hard, breaks tackles and good open field speed. OR dbs took bad angles on him his first TD run and he ran by them. OR defense got after the QB enough to disrupt their passing game, although he did have a couple of nice runs for first downs. Karns came with a barrel full of tricks, fake punts, short kickoffs etc. All in all a good night for the Wildcats, a sorely needed win,  Now the trip to the land of the Indians, whose only loss was a 21-20 missed two point try against Greeneville. OR has had the tougher schedule no doubt, but will that translate into a tight game in Kingsport. Looking forward to Pals and seeing another game in J. Fred. 

Agreed. I think we took a step forward tonight.  I will be at Pals and the Fred.  Done this trip many many times. It seems like  a much shorter drive back when we win.  Let's go see what we can do.  Go Cats.  

3 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Had no idea that Karns was that pitiful on defense. Congrats to the Wildcats! Still a shot at 2nd place and a home game.

You must not seen them play this year. 

It's only 200 miles there and back to Kingsport.  And only 90 miles there and back to Campbell County.  Who's in Cat Fans?  I'm there. 

Edited by oridgecat

I guess I went with Karns because of the Greeneville game from the week before. A great come back for Oak Ridge after getting blown off the field like that. I was starting to have doubts in the new coach. Karns is just pathetic on defense and after Bishop is gone I see them turning back into a winless wonder because they won't have anyone to bail them out anymore.

24 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I guess I went with Karns because of the Greeneville game from the week before. A great come back for Oak Ridge after getting blown off the field like that. I was starting to have doubts in the new coach. Karns is just pathetic on defense and after Bishop is gone I see them turning back into a winless wonder because they won't have anyone to bail them out anymore.

While Greeneville beat us pretty handily, the game wasn’t as bad as the score was, to be honest. That game was 14-0 before the whistle even blew and Greeneville had about 5 total yards on offense. Kinda demoralizing starting off in that kind of fashion. While they’re clearly better than us, they aren’t 49-14 much better.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

While Greeneville beat us pretty handily, the game wasn’t as bad as the score was, to be honest. That game was 14-0 before the whistle even blew and Greeneville had about 5 total yards on offense. Kinda demoralizing starting off in that kind of fashion. While they’re clearly better than us, they aren’t 49-14 much better.

Don't see then winning against DB but hopefully they can knock Campbell County off to avoid two below .500 teams in a row. The only thing worse than that for Oak Ridge is if someone bought Big Ed's and changed the recipe on the pizza's.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't see then winning against DB but hopefully they can knock Campbell County off to avoid two below .500 teams in a row. The only thing worse than that for Oak Ridge is if someone bought Big Ed's and changed the recipe on the pizza's.

It could be worse, we could be William Blount. I like where things are heading. We have a lot of guys returning next season. We’ll be better. The OL is literally light years ahead of the previous 2 teams. Lots of work to do yet still, but we’re on the right track.

Edited by SweetScience

Hey SS I told Willie if we took care of business and stopped  mistakes and penalties we'd be alright. When we start running down the clock them big ole linemen move sometimes thus illegal procedure penalties.  We had over 500 yds of offense.

Good Win. Built up confidence plus feels good to beat Karns. 

If anybody cares I gave out 3 shirts  #'s 7,14,22. 

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Upvote 1